Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal data of job applicants and potential candidates for employment. It does not apply to our employees, contractors or customers, or other personal data that we collect for other purposes.
‘Personal data’ means information that identifies job applicants and potential candidates for employment with us, either submitted through our website and/or through alternative channels, e.g. via HR, professional recruitment companies, or recommendation by current employees.
We collect data from you for legitimate business purposes, namely:
- Providing you with a recruitment process that you have asked to take part in
- Processing your job application
- Evaluating your suitability for a role in the company, both currently and in the future
- Maintaining recruitment and hiring records.
We only collect the information we need. This includes data we collect directly from you, such as your name, contact details, work history, education and qualifications, special access requirements, etc. We may also collect personal data about you from third parties such as professional recruiting companies, your referees, prior employers, employment check providers (where this is legally required), and Bought By Many employees who are involved in the recruitment process.
Your CV and any other relevant information collected during the recruitment process will be stored in a range of different places, including in the records of your application, in HR management systems, and on other IT systems, including email. We retain this information for as long as we need it to carry out and complete the recruitment process. Your data will be deleted from our systems 12 months after the relevant vacancy has been filled.
By submitting your personal data to us, you acknowledge that:
- You are not required to provide the information we request, and can tell us to stop using your data at any time, but this will mean your job application cannot be progressed.
- The statements you make about yourself are true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief. Providing any inaccurate information may mean you cannot be considered for employment or an offer of employment may be withdrawn.
- This Notice does not form part of any contract of employment offered to candidates by Bought By Many.
If you have any specific queries or concerns about the handling of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at DPO@boughtbymany.com.