About this group
Spirited, super-friendly and almost permanently stuck in fifth gear, the Staffordshire Bull Terrier is a small muscular dog with a big soft heart.
Staffies are overwhelmingly fond of people, which is why they never make great guard dogs – any intruder encountering a Staffie would be ‘tackled’ only by an excited leg-pawing and a good face-licking. And few dogs can compare to the Staffie in their fondness for children.
For these reasons, Staffie owners are rightfully frustrated by the bad image their pals are sometimes given. As RSPCA chief vet, Mark Evans, said: "Staffies have had a terrible press, but this is not of their own making - in fact they're wonderful dogs. If people think that Staffies have problems, they're looking at the wrong end of the dog lead! When well cared for and properly trained they can make brilliant companions.”
But because they have energy to burn in abundance, it can be worth considering pet insurance for Staffordshire Bull Terriers. Staffies need regular exercise, which means they can get into the occasional scrape, pet insurance can cover vet fees for accidents and illness as well.
At Bought By Many we've created unique pet insurance policies that can help Staffordshire owners. Our Fixed For Life policy is available to buy before your dog turns two and will never increase in price over the life of your Staffie, even if you claim.
If you choose our MoneyBack policy and don't need to claim, we'll give you 20% of your premium back at the end of the policy year.
Our Complete cover is the most comprehensive pet insurance on the market. You can find out about our other policies below or join this group to get a quote.
Bought By Many pet insurance policies
- Value Conditions are covered for up to £3,000 of vet fees or 12 months, whichever is reached sooner.
- Regular Up to £7,000 of vet fee cover with the option of no excess.
- Complete The most comprehensive pet insurance money can buy. Up to £15,000 of vet fee cover and dental cover is included as standard.
Bought By Many has also created three policies that are like nothing else on the market:
- Fixed For Life The price of your pet insurance will never increase - it's fixed for the life of your pet, even if you make a claim. It will cover up to £20,000 of vet fees in your pet's lifetime. You can only buy it before your pet is two years old.
- MoneyBack 20% of your premium will be paid back every year you don’t claim. Cover for up to £7,000 of vet fees each year.
- Pre-Existing Pet insurance that covers pre-existing medical conditions as long as your pet hasn't received treatment or advice for them in the three months before the policy starts. Cover for pre-existing conditions increases if you do not claim and we offer £7,000 of vet fee cover for new conditions.
We’ve even created a cheap Liability Only policy that offers £3m of public liability insurance but no vet fees, so you’ll be covered for claims if your Staffie harms someone or damages their property.
Most of our policies cover Staffordshires of any age. Our policies are for members only, so you'll be asked to join Bought By Many before you get a quote.
Our innovative claims process
- Easy to submit No more claim forms, just give us a call to tell us the details. A simple online submission will be available soon
- Transparent Our UK-based team will keep you up to date on how the claim is progressing
- Quick We can get what we need from your vet directly, saving you time
- Fair Our policy documents are designed to be clear and we review all claims fairly
- Flexible We can pay you or the vet, whichever you prefer
Find out more about insurance with our guide to the best pet insurance for dogs.