About this group
There are five different groups of Terriers, with several breeds within each group. Most breeds were evolved in Britain and Ireland, and were mainly used for “burrowing” after vermin and helping with hunting expeditions. This is reflected in the name Terrier, which comes from terra, the Latin word for Earth.
While Terriers typically have robust constitutions, they can suffer from some hereditary diseases. All terriers are prone to allergies that cause itchy skin, and can lead to further complications. Other health concerns vary, depending on the specific breed, with the most prevalent being knee and joint issues, eye problems, breathing difficulties and epilepsy.
To help pet owners and their Terriers, Bought By Many has created several unique pet insurance policies. This includes our Complete pet insurance policy, which includes £15,000 in vet fee cover, the highest limit available on the market.
Some Terriers can live for 15 years or more, and it can be difficult to find insurance for older dogs. To solve this problem, many of Bought By Many's policies have no upper age limit.
Terriers are generally active, friendly dogs, although some breeds (like the Bull Terrier) have bad reputations, predominantly as a result of bad breeding or irresponsible ownership. Bought By Many's policies will also cover behavioural issues for up to six months on some policies.
Bought By Many pet insurance policies
- Value £3,000 of vet fee cover a year.
- Regular A liftime policy with up to £7,000 of vet fee cover and the option of no excess for pets under 9.
- Complete Up to £15,000 of vet's fees cover, dental cover included as standard, and £3 million in public liability. The most comprehensive lifetime cover on the market.
Bought By Many has also created three policies that are like nothing else on the market:
- Fixed For Life The premium of your pet insurance policy will never increase, even if you claim. Up to £7,000 of vet's fees cover a year. You can only purchase this policy before your pet is two years old.
- MoneyBack Every year you don't claim, 20% of your premium will be paid back. Lifetime cover for up to £7,000 of vet fees each year.
- Pre-Existing Cover for pre-existing medical conditions. This gives you £500 of cover in the first year and £1,000 the year after. If the condition doesn't return, cover increases to £7,000 a year. It does not cover conditions experienced in the three months before the start of the policy.
Lifetime (or ‘yearly limit’) insurance covers vet fees up to the policy's limit every year. So long as you renew a lifetime policy each year, the level of vet fees will reset to the full stated limits that you started with. With a lifetime product, it is important to note that your premiums are likely to increase each year at renewal.
An innovative claims process - we've launched Snap Claims, which allows you to make online claims with no forms and no hassle.
Check out our clear and simple policy documents and policy summary to find out what our insurance does and doesn't cover.
Find out more about insurance with our guide to the best pet insurance for dogs.