Bought By Many Dog Insurance
Get a quote, it takes seconds to see a price and we make it easy to compare our unique policies, which have received over 17,000 5-star Feefo reviews in the past 12 months.
Why should I insure my dog?
Unlike us, dogs do not have free health care and with vets bills rising all of the time, dog insurance could save the life of your pet when difficult decisions have to be made. Some vets bills can be very high and you might not always have the funds in place to cover them.
Dog insurance can cover those costs for you so that you can concentrate on helping your dog get back to full health.
Dog insurance with lifetime cover
- Complete The most comprehensive lifetime pet insurance in the UK. Up to £15,000 of lifetime vet fee cover a year, dental cover for accidents and illness as standard, cover for travel abroad and up to £6,000 for loss, theft or death.
- Regular A lifetime policy with up to £7,000 of vet fee cover a year and the option of no excess for pets under 9.
- MoneyBack 20% of your premium will be paid back every year you don’t claim. Up to £7,000 of lifetime vet fee cover.
- Pre-existing Cover for existing conditions, as long as your pet hasn’t received treatment or advice in the three months before the policy starts. We provide £500 of cover for all pre-existing conditions in the first year of your policy. If you do not make a claim for any conditions we’ll increase your vet fee limit to £1,000 in the second year and if you still haven’t claimed we’ll up the limit to £7,000 from year three onwards. New conditions have a £7,000 lifetime vet fee limit.
- Value Up to £3,000 of lifetime vet fee cover.
Lifetime (or ‘yearly limit’) insurance covers vet fees up to the policy's limit every year. So long as you renew a lifetime policy each year, the level of vet fees will reset to the full stated limits that you started with. With a lifetime product, it is important to note that your premiums are likely to increase each year at renewal.
Dog insurance for pre-existing medical conditions
If your dog hasn't needed treatment or advice for a condition for at least two years we do not count it as a pre-existing condition so you can claim for it. And we have policies that can cover dogs of any age so if you have an older dog that had vet treatment for old conditions a while ago, we can still cover them.
We also have a policy that can cover more recent pre-existing medical conditions (if your dog has been treatment, medication and advice free for three months before your policy starts) and much more.
Our Pre-existing policy covers pre-existing medical conditions as long as your pet hasn't received treatment, medication or advice for them in the three months before the policy starts. Cover for pre-existing conditions increases in the first two years if you do not claim and we offer £7,000 of vet fee cover for new conditions.
How to claim
We've launched an online claims process that allows you to make a claim with no forms and no hassle. We can pay you or your vet.
Once you're a customer you just log in to MyAccount to claim. You can still call to make a claim if you need to.
How much is dog insurance?
The price of your dog insurance will depend on a number of factors such as the breed, pedigree and age of your dog as well as where you live.
- Breed: Certain breeds can suffer from specific ailments that insurance companies need to take into account
- Pedigree: Pedigree dogs can be more likely to suffer from hereditary illness and are more likely to be stolen
- Age: Generally speaking, the older the dog gets, the more expensive they are to insure. This is due to the increased risk of illness in older pets
- Location: Vet bills can vary in different parts of the UK, they're often more expensive in cities
You can benefit from our 15% multi-pet discount if you insure more than one pet on the same policy.
We have a range of policies to suit different needs.
Our Value policy offers no-frills cover for accidents and illness and can be the cheapest for some owners.
Find out more about how much dog insurance costs.
What do I need to get a quote?
The following details will help speed up your quote
- Your dog's name
- Your dog’s gender
- The breed of your dog and is it a pedigree?
- The age of your dog
- Has your dog been spayed or neutered?
- Does your dog have pre-existing medical conditions?
- How much did your dog cost?
Reviews of Bought By Many dog insurance
Our pet insurance has thousands of 5-star customer reviews on Feefo from dog and cat owners. You can read reviews of our insurance here.
Bought By Many's Complete policy has been rated 5 stars by a number of independent financial service review companies.