About this group
The Great Dane is a giant of a dog, with a big heart to match. Loving and playful, it craves the company and affection of people.
However, they can be prone to health problems common in large breeds, such as bloat and hip dysplasia. Great Danes can also suffer from congenital heart diseases, tail injuries, and mast cell tumours.
Pet insurance can help by covering the cost of vet treatment associated with these and other medical conditions.
Bought By Many listened to thousands of dog owners to find out about the frustrations they face when looking for pet insurance. We've created policies that are like nothing else on the market and aim to solve Great Dane owners' problems:
- Fixed For Life The price of your pet insurance will never increase - it's fixed for the life of your pet, even if you make a claim. It will cover up to £20,000 of vet fees in your pet's lifetime. You can only buy it before your pet is two years old.
- MoneyBack 20% of your premium will be paid back every year you don’t claim. Cover for up to £7,000 of vet fees each year.
- Pre-Existing Pet insurance that covers pre-existing medical conditions. You can switch insurers while still having some cover for illnesses or injuries your pet has suffered from. Chronic conditions are not included.
We’ve also designed policies that range from low-cost, no-frills cover to the most comprehensive pet insurance available:
- Value Conditions are covered for up to £3,000 of vet fees or 12 months, whichever is reached sooner.
- Regular Up to £7,000 of vet fee cover and the option of no excess for pets under 9.
- Complete The most comprehensive pet insurance money can buy. Up to £15,000 of vet fee cover and dental cover is included as standard.
We’ve even created a cheap Liability Only policy that offers £3m of public liability insurance but no vet fees, so you’ll be covered for claims if your dog harms someone or damages their property.
We have a 15% multi-pet discount for pets on the same policy.
Most of our policies cover cats and dogs of any age and we aim to pay out all claims. Our policies are for members only, so you'll be asked to join Bought By Many before you get a quote.