About this group
Frenchies are Independent-minded and fond of clowning around, making them a fashionable choice of dog for celebrities and everyday pet owners alike. Join this group to get a quote for our unique pet insurance.
Why buy pet insurance for your French Bulldog?
Frenchies are prone to health problems (including breathing difficulties suffered by short-muzzled dogs), which may require costly vet treatment.
And although they usually have very gentle and affectionate temperaments, French Bulldogs are easily over-excited. This can lead to accidents that result in trips to the vet or potential legal claims.
It's important to consider insurance that will cover all claims you may need to make because there's no point paying for insurance that leaves you liable for expensive vet bills that are not covered by the policy. Our pet insurance offers a range of comprehensive policies with features no other companies have.
Why get French Bulldog pet insurance from Bought By Many?
We believe all breeds deserve fairer pet insurance, particularly dogs such as French Bulldogs that have specific health needs. We also have a 15% multi-pet discount.
Bought By Many pet insurance has features they may be relevant to Frenchie owners. Our Complete policy covers up to £15,000 of vet fees a year and is the most comprehensive policy on the market. It offers the highest level of loss and theft cover (£6,000), which is helpful because French Bulldogs can expensive to buy.
Our Fixed For Life policy is available to buy if your dog is under two and once you have it, it will never increase in price for the life of your pet, even if you claim.
Check out all of our policies below or join and get a quote to see prices.
Bought By Many pet insurance policies
- Value Conditions are covered for up to £3,000 of vet fees or 12 months, whichever is reached sooner.
- Regular Up to £7,000 of vet fee cover with the option of no excess.
- Complete The most comprehensive pet insurance money can buy. Up to £15,000 of vet fee cover and dental cover is included as standard.
Bought By Many has also created three policies that are like nothing else on the market:
- Fixed For Life The price of your pet insurance will never increase - it's fixed for the life of your pet, even if you make a claim. It will cover up to £20,000 of vet fees in your pet's lifetime. You can only buy it before your pet is two years old.
- MoneyBack 20% of your premium will be paid back every year you don’t claim. Cover for up to £7,000 of vet fees each year.
- Pre-Existing Pet insurance that covers pre-existing medical conditions. You can switch insurers while still having some cover for illnesses or injuries your pet has suffered from. Chronic conditions are not included.
We’ve even created a cheap Liability Only policy that offers £3m of public liability insurance but no vet fees, so you’ll be covered for claims if your dog harms someone or damages their property.
Most of our policies cover French Bulldogs of any age and we aim to pay out all claims. Our policies are for members only, so you'll be asked to join Bought By Many before you get a quote.
Our innovative claims process
- Easy to submit No more claim forms, just give us a call to tell us the details. A simple online submission will be available soon
- Transparent Our UK-based team will keep you up to date on how the claim is progressing
- Quick We can get what we need from your vet directly, saving you time
- Fair Our policy documents are designed to be clear and we review all claims fairly
- Flexible We can pay you or the vet, whichever you prefer
Find out more about insurance with our guide to the best pet insurance for dogs.
Top questions answered by us
Why French Bulldog Insurance?
Data released by The Kennel Club recently on the UK's Top Dog Breeds confirmed what anyone who has been for a weekend walk on London Fields this year already knows - Frenchies are bang on-trend. But while everyone seems to know what great dogs French Bulldogs are, not everyone is aware that insuring them can be expensive. We wanted to raise awareness of this, and help French Bulldog owners use their collective buying power to get a better deal on French Bulldog pet insurance.
What are the most common French Bulldog health problems?
French Bulldogs are short-muzzled (or, in technical language, brachycephalic) dogs, and as a result they are prone to various breathing difficulties, including stenotic nares (narrow nostrils). These can, in turn, lead to complications such as heat exhaustion or fainting during exercise. The painful Intervertebral Disc Disease (IVDD) is also relatively common in French Bulldogs. The French Bulldog Club of England is a good source of more detailed information.