About this group
Cavachons are becoming increasingly popular in the UK. A cross breed of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and a Bishon Frise, their large brown eyes and floppy ears make them impossible to resist!
Cavachons have got a happy nature and believe everyone is their friend. Socialising and making friends is one of their favourite activities. They need around 30 minutes of exercise a day and don’t shed too much hair, which is good news for allergy sufferers. All in all they’re great family pets.
Cavachon health problems
As a cross breed, Cavachons can sadly inherit some of the conditions that both Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and Bichon Frise can develop. They can be prone to heart failure as they get older, cataracts and dermatitis.
Cavachons also have an increased risk of developing other diseases commonly seen in the parent breeds, these include: Cushing's disease, Mitral Endocardiosis, Patellar Luxation, Patent ductus arteriosus, Portosystemic shunt and Syringomyelia.
Bought By Many’s pet insurance offers a wide range of policies that include vet fee cover.
How much is a Cavachon worth?
Cavachons are usually worth around £500, meaning that if your dog goes missing it can mean both an emotional and a financial loss.
Bought By Many offer cover in case your Cavachon goes missing, with loss, death and theft cover included as standard on our Complete policy. And available as an add-on on many of our other policies.
Bought By Many’s pet insurance policies:
- Complete: This is the most comprehensive lifetime pet insurance money can buy. Up to £15,000 of vet fee cover and dental cover is included as standard. You’ll also receive up to £6,000 for loss, theft or death.
- Regular: A lifetime policy with up to £7,000 of vet fee cover and the option of no excess for Cavachon’s under 9.
- Value: Conditions are covered for up to £3,000 of vet fees or 12 months, whichever is reached sooner.
- Moneyback: This policy will offer you 20% of your annual premium back if you don’t make a claim. The policy offers £7,000 of vet fee cover.
- Pre-existing: If your Cavachon is suffering with a pre-existing condition we can insure them as long as they haven’t received treatment in the three months before the start of the policy.
You will receive a lower vet fee cover level for the pre-existing condition, however this will increase yearly if you don’t make a claim. For new conditions the vet fee cover level is £7,000 a year.
If you own more than one pet, you can get a 15% discount when insuring pets on the same policy.
Bought By Many have also created these unique policies:
Optional add-on’s available on many of the policies are: Cover for travelling with your pet abroad, cover if your pet is lost or stolen and cover if your pet passes away from an accident or illness. These are automatically included under the Complete policy.