About this group
British Shorthairs are known for being affectionate companions and the breed is one the UK's most popular pedigree cats.
Because it is a pedigree breed, British Shorthair cats can be expensive, with kittens easily costing over £500.
Bought By Many listened to thousands of cat owners to find out about the frustrations they face when looking for pet insurance. We've created policies that are like nothing else on the market and aim to solve British Shorthair owners' problems:
- Fixed For Life The price of your pet insurance will never increase - it's fixed for the life of your pet, even if you make a claim. It will cover up to £20,000 of vet fees in your pet's lifetime. You can only buy it before your pet is two years old.
- MoneyBack 20% of your premium will be paid back every year you don’t claim. Cover for up to £7,000 of vet fees each year.
- Pre-Existing Pet insurance that covers pre-existing medical conditions. You can switch insurers while still having some cover for illnesses or injuries your pet has suffered from. Chronic conditions are not included.
We’ve also designed policies that range from low-cost, no-frills cover to the most comprehensive pet insurance available:
- Value Conditions are covered for up to £3,000 of vet fees or 12 months, whichever is reached sooner.
- Regular Up to £7,000 of vet fee cover and the option of no excess for pets under 9.
- Complete The most comprehensive pet insurance money can buy. Up to £15,000 of vet fee cover and dental cover is included as standard.
We have a 15% multi-pet discount for pets on the same policy.
Most of our policies cover cats and dogs of any age and we aim to pay out all claims. Our policies are for members only, so you'll be asked to join Bought By Many before you get a quote.