Key policy features
- Yellow Jersey's cycling insurance is useful for serious cyclists and high-value bikes up to £15,000
- They have one of the highest multi-bike discounts at 60%
- Includes cover for competitions and worldwide travel with your bike
- Policies come with free DNA+ security marking kit
- We've negotaited a 10% discount on racing cover and travel insurance for cyclists from Yellow Jersey
Co-founded in 2014 by cyclist and triathlete Ryan Georgiades, Yellow Jersey specialises in comprehensive insurance for serious cyclists and high-value bicycles.
Unlike most other cycle insurers, Yellow Jersey has a tapered rate for more expensive bikes because it believes the higher the value of the bike, the greater care is taken of it and so the risk of theft is lowered.
The company sponsors cycling events and insurers professionals, including Team Wiggins.
We believe that Yellow Jersey offers quality cover for serious cyclists so we've worked with them to offer 10% discounts for cyclists who are racers or want to take their bike abroad. Click on the links to find out more and unlock the special offer.
You can learn more about cycling insurance with our cyclist's guide to insurance, in which Yellow Jersey ranks as one of our top providers.
Overview of cover provided by Yellow Jersey
The main benefits of cycling insurance cover with Yellow Jersey are:
- Maximum cover for single bikes up to £15,000 and up to £50,000 for multiple bikes
- Insurance for accidental damage and theft, with restrictions (Yellow Jersey promises fewer restrictions than other cycling insurers, but be sure to check the small print)
- Cover for roadbikes, mountain bikes, electric bikes, and triathlon and cylocross insurance
- 60% multi-bike discount as standard
- International worldwide cover
- Personal accident cover up to £20,000 - Read our story and how this could have helped Bought By Many's resident racer after his crash
- New for old cover
- Competition cover, including bike damage and race cancellation cover
- Public liability insurance up to £2m
- Roadside assistance cover as standard
- £250 bicycle accessories cover as standard, with no excess and the option to increase to £500
- Cover for bike boxes including damage to the bike or box while in an aircraft
- Free DNA+ Bicycle Security Marking kit; 'a uniquely coded DNA particle that is almost impossible to remove'. If your bike is stolen and the police recover it, they will check the DNA mark and increase the chance of your bike being returned to you
As we say in our guide to the best cycling insurers, Yellow Jersey could be useful for serious cyclists, people who attend competitions and events in the UK and abroad, high-value bikes and pros.
Are there Yellow Jersey insurance discount codes or promos?
You don't need a code, just join either group for free.
Yellow Jersey occasionally offers its own discounts.
How much does insurance cover from Yellow Jersey cost?
Unlike some other cycling insurance companies, Yellow Jersey does not vary its prices by postcode. Premiums will depend on the value of your bike and the number of bicycles insured.
For example, insuring a Trek Emonda S 6 worth around £1,500, with no additional accessories, would cost £147.55 for the year.
A £10,000 bike would cost around £590 a year to insure.
What do Yellow Jersey insurance customer reviews say?
Yellow Jersey has a 100% positive score on customer review site Feefo, based on 139 customer reviews.