Key policy features of Tripsure travel insurance
- Three levels of cover to choose from: Bronze, Silver and Gold
- Its Gold policy offers £20m in medical expenses cover
- It is currently offering a 10% online discount on all its policies
See if Tripsure makes it into our list of the best travel insurance providers.
Read on to learn more about:
- Key policy features of Tripsure travel insurance
- What types of travel insurance does Tripinsure travel insurance offer?
- Are there restrictions with Tripsure travel insurance?
- How much does travel insurance from Tripsure cost?
- Does Tripsure travel insurance provide cover for pre-existing conditions?
- Does Tripsure travel insurance cover over 65s, over 70s and over 80s?
- Customer reviews of Tripsure insurance
- Expert reviews of Tripsure travel insurance
- How to make a claim on Tripsure travel insurance
What types of travel insurance does Tripsure travel insurance offer?
Tripsure offers both single and multi-trip policies. Its single trip policies have three levels of cover:
- Bronze offers £12m in medical bills, £1m person liability, £1,250 for cancellation, £1,000 for personal possessions and £300 to cover money. The standard excess for a worldwide policy excluding USA is £149.
- Silver offers £16m in medical expenses, £1.5m personal liability, £1,750 for cancellation, £1,500 for personal possessions and £400 to cover money. The standard excess for a worldwide policy excluding USA is £125.
- Gold offers £20 million medical expenses, £2 million personal liability, £2,000 for cancellation, £1,500 for personal possessions and £500 to cover money. The standard excess for a worldwide policy excluding USA is £99.
Cancellation and personal possessions cover can be removed from your cover, which will lower the cost of your policy.
There is also the option to add winter sports, legal cover, golf equipment, business cover, cruise, catastrophe, hazardous activities and sports, as well as dental cover. Adding any of the optional extras will increase the price of your premium.
It's worth noting that other comprehensive policies include some of these options as standard. If you're comparing providers, check if options like legal, catastrophe and dental cover are included in the policy. Companies that offer cheaper prices may exclude them.
If you choose the Bronze policy with the standard excess you may not be able to claim for certain things. For example, the Bronze limit for missed departure is £100, which is lower than the £149 excess.
Are there restrictions with Tripsure travel insurance?
There are usually restrictions on all travel insurance products. Some will only affect certain parts of the policy (such as which activities you can do while you are away), whereas others will be general exclusions to the whole policy.
Tripsure's cancellation and personal possessions cover can both be removed from a policy. This will affect the price of your policy and, obviously, what you can claim for.
As with most travel insurance products, any loss, damage or liability caused by terrorism, war or nuclear risk is not covered.
There are insurance companies that will cover this type of risk, however. Check out our article on travel insurance with terrorism cover for more information on this.
There are also some age restrictions, which are discussed below.
How much does travel insurance from Tripsure cost?
The cost of travel insurance from Tripsure will vary depending on a range of factors, including your age, your destination, how long you are going away for, and which travel insurance policy you choose.
One way you can bring the premium of your Tripsure travel insurance policy down is by increasing the excess.
Tripsure lets you pick a double excess option, meaning the premium will be cheaper but if you claim you will have to pay two times the normal excess. Bear in mind that while this may mean the policy is cheaper, you will have to cover this excess if you need to make a claim, so make sure it is affordable for you.
Be aware that a higher excess may be greater than some cover limits, meaning you will not be able to claim for them.
There is also a no excess option. However, this will raise the price of your premium.
Does Tripsure travel insurance provide cover for pre-existing conditions?
Tripsure does not provide cover for pre-existing medical conditions. It defines this as 'any past or current medical condition that has given rise to symptoms or for which any form of treatment or prescribed medication, medical consultation, investigation or follow-up has been required or received' during the two years before cover begins.
For cardiovascular or circulatory conditions, such as hypertension or heart conditions, it will not insure you even if you have not received any treatment or had any symptoms in the last two years.
Will Tripsure travel insurance cover over 65s, over 70s and over 80s?
Tripsure will not cover anyone aged 69 or over for either single trip or annual policies.
However, there are several travel insurance companies that will insure you if you are over the age of 65, 70 or 80. Check out our article on the best travel insurance for more information on getting travel insurance if you are over the age of 65.
Customer reviews of Tripsure insurance
We couldn't find any reviews of Tripsure travel insurance online. It is on Trustpilot, but nobody has reviewed its service yet.
Expert reviews of Tripsure travel insurance
Tripsure's Gold travel insurance policy has been awarded 4 Stars by independent financial review service Defaqto.
Its Silver and Bronze policies have both been awarded 3 Stars.
A Star rating indicates where a product or proposition sits on the market based on the comprehensiveness of its features.
Over on Fairer Finance, each of Tripsure's travel insurance policies have just one star.
How to make a claim on Tripsure travel insurance
To make a claim on Tripsure travel insurance, you'll need to call its claims telephone number. You can find this at the bottom of your insurance certificate. If you have lost your insurance certificate, you can find it in your account area on the insurer's website.
You'll have to ask Tripsure for a claim form, and fill this out and submit it within 28 days of returning from your trip. You'll have to provide receipts, invoices and reports along with your claims form, depending on what you are claiming for.
Your policy document will tell you what evidence you will need to support your claim.
This article was independently written by Bought By Many. We were not paid to write it, but we may receive commission for sales that result from you clicking on a link to one of our partners.