Key features of Towergate insurance
- Insurance broker working with some of the biggest insurance companies, including RSA, Axa and Aviva
- A range of specialist insurance products, from boat insurance to military insurance
- A number of 'regular' insurance products, including pet insurance, travel insurance and car insurance
Read on to learn more about:
- Key features of Towergate insurance
- Overview of Towergate insurance
- Are there any exclusions with Towergate insurance?
- How much does Towergate insurance cost?
- Customer reviews of Towergate insurance
- Expert reviews of Towergate insurance
- How to make a claim on Towergate insurance
Overview of Towergate insurance
Towergate is a London-based insurance broker that launched in 1997 and works with some of the biggest insurance companies in the business, including RSA, Aviva and Axa. The company provides a range of both specialist and regular insurance products.
As a broker, Towergate takes your insurance requirements and finds the right policy for you based on the insurance companies it works with.
Towergate provides a wide range of 'specialist' insurance products. These include:
- Boat insurance, which also covers things like dinghies, yachts and jet skis. We've written an article on how to get the best boat insurance quotes
- Caravan insurance, for touring, park and static, among others; check out our list of the best caravan insurance
- Unoccupied home insurance - for more information on why you might need specialist insurance for this, read our article on unoccupied home insuranace
- Military insurance, for things like kits and military vehicles
- Tradesman insurance - you can check out our list of the best tradesman insurance here
- Care and medical insurance, for things like talking therapists and nurseries
- Horse insurance - we've also got an article on the best horse insurance
- Skydiving insurance
For a full list of the specialist insurance products Towergate offers, head over to its website.
Aside from these, it also provides more 'regular' insurance products, like travel, pet and camera insurance.
Bought By Many has also launched its own pet insurance products. Join our pet insurance group to find out more about our policies.
Are there any exclusions with Towergate insurance?
The exclusions on Towergate insurance will be specific to the policy you take out. For instance, if you take out boat insurance, you probably won't be covered for repairs due to general wear and tear.
Similarly, if you require pet insurance, most companies won't cover you for any pre-existing conditions. This is usually defined as any illness your pet has suffered from at any time before you take out the policy.
However, Bought By Many has launched a pet insurance product that will cover pre-existing conditions. Join our pre-existing medical conditions pet insurance group for more information on this.
These types of exclusions will be in your policy documents, which you should read thoroughly so you know exactly what you're covered for. If you don't understand anything, it's best to call the insurance company to clear things up.
How much does Towergate insurance cost?
The cost of Towergate insurance will vary widely depending on the insurance product you take out. Moreover, depending on your particular circumstances, the cost of your insurance premium may differ widely from someone else's. (For instance, your car insurance quote will depend on the car you drive, what you use your car for, and where you live, among other things.)
We've written a number of reviews that deal with the average cost of certain types of insurance. These include:
Customer reviews of Towergate insurance
Because Towergate is an insurance broker rather than an insurance company, it can be difficult to find accurate ratings of each of its products. Customer reviews of its insurance products will be dependent on your insurance needs, and subsequently the company it decides to pair you with.
However, you can find independent reviews of Towergate on their Feefo review page.
Expert reviews of Towergate insurance
Similarly to its customer reviews, expert reviews of Towergate will generally be of the companies it pairs you with, rather than of Towergate itself.
How to make a claim on Towergate insurance
To make a claim on Towergate's insurance, you'll need to head to the 'Claims' section of its website. Here you will find a drop-down list on which all of its insurance products are listed.
Most of the various insurance products will have both a phone number and an email address. In order to make a claim, you'll need to call the number and speak to an adviser, who will help you proceed with your claim.
Generally, you'll need to have proof of your claim - for instance, photos of damage to your house - and you'll usually have to fill out a claims form.