We’ve looked at independent research into the quality of pet insurance carried out by Which? and an impartial financial services review firm to rank the 10 best pet insurance policies for dogs and cats.
Top 10 Pet Insurance for Dogs
- John Lewis Insurance Premier
- Animal Friends Insurance Prestige
- More Than Premier
- Petplan Ultimate
- John Lewis Insurance Plus
- Sainsburys Bank Premier Plus
- More Than Classic £8,000
- M&S Bank Premier
- Tesco Bank Extra (£7,000)
- Animal Friends Insurance Superior Plus
Read our full guide to the best pet insurance for dogs here.
Top 10 Pet Insurance for Cats
- John Lewis Insurance: Premier
- More Than: Premier
- Animal Friends: Prestige
- Petplan: Ultimate
- John Lewis Insurance: Plus
- Sainsburys Bank: Premier Plus
- M&S Bank: Premier
- More Than: Classic £8,000
- Sainsburys Bank: Premier
- Tesco Bank: Extra
Read our guide to the best pet insurance for cats.
Remember, the cheapest pet insurance policy isn't always the best one! The best pet insurance policies typically:
- Have higher amounts of cover for vet fees
- Include cover for dentistry
- Include complementary therapies
- Provide end of life cover
- Offer financial help with finding lost or stolen pets
The best pet policies are designed to be as comprehensive as possible. That means they aren’t always the cheapest; pet insurance is an area where you get what you pay for.
You can read reviews of the insurance companies in our lists here.