Key policy benefits:
- Three levels of cover to choose from
- Extra cover for weddings or winter sports
- Special offers for family or group holidays
- Access to a 24/7 helpline
- £2,500,000 medical emergency cover
- £2,500 cancellation cover
- £500,000 public liability cover
- £15,000 personal accident cover
- £5,000,000 for medical expenses
- £5,000 cancellation cover
- £1,000,000 public liability cover
- £30,000 personal accident cover
- £500 for missed departure
- £250 for delayed departure
- £400 personal money cover
- £1,500 personal possessions cover
- £25,000 legal advice cover
- £10,000,000 for medical expenses
- £10,000 cancellation cover
- £2,000,000 public liability cover
- £60,000 personal accident cover
- £1,000 for missed departure
- £500 for delayed departure
- £800 personal money cover
- Single trip, a woman in her 30s, travelling within Europe for a week: Bronze - £21.54, Silver - £25.90, Gold - £30.78.
- Annual policy, couple in their 50s, worldwide (excluding the USA, Canada and the Caribbean): Silver - £165.64, Gold - £196.78 (Bronze is not available for annual cover).
Thomas Cook is a well-known travel brand, offering holidays to a wide variety of destinations around the world. The company launched in 1841 with a successful one-day rail excursion from Leicester to Loughborough, and the rest is history.
Its insurance is underwritten by White Horse Insuurance Ireland Limited.
Click the link to see if Thomas Cook made it onto our list of the Top 10 travel insurance providers.
An overview of the cover provided by Thomas Cook Insurance
Thomas Cook has three levels of cover to choose from – Bronze, Silver and Gold.
Bronze cover includes:
Silver cover includes:
Gold cover includes:
The excess will depend on the cover level and claim but it looks like it ranges from £75 to £100.
Thomas Cook's Gold policy has a single item limit of £500 and valuables limit of £600, which is one of the best we've found.
Find out more about the best single item limits here.
Extra cover for business, cruise, sports, wedding and winter sports is available for an additional premium.
Customers have access to a 24 hour phone number so it's possible to receive help from any time zone.
Check out our guide to the best travel insurance companies to see how Thomas Cook compares to other companies.
How much does travel insurance cover from Thomas Cook cost?
The cost of Travel Insurance is affected by many different factors, such as the age and existing medical conditions of the persons travelling, as well as the length of the trip, the destination and activities planned.
However, to give you an indication of cost, we have obtained the following sample quotes:
What do Thomas Cook Holiday Insurance reviews from the experts say?
Financial review site fairerfinance.com ranked Thomas Cook Insurance at 43 out of 48 companies reviewed. The company received 41% for customer happiness, 32% for customer trust, 60% for complaints performance and 46% transparency rating – giving it a total score of 45%.
Independent financial researcher Defaqto has rated Thomas Cook’s Gold Holiday Insurance policy as 5 Star, the company’s Silver policy as 4 Star and its Bronze policy as 1 Star.
A Star Rating indicates where a product or proposition sits in the market based on the quality and comprehensiveness of the features it offers.
A 5 Star rated policy has “a comprehensive range of features and benefits”, a 4 Star rated policy has “a good level of features and benefits” and a 1 Star rated policy has “a low level of features and benefits”.