Key policy features of Swiftcover car insurance
- Courtesy car provided for 14 days while your car is repaired by a Swiftcover network repairer
- Uninsured driver promise, which means you won't lose your no claims bonus if you're hit by someone with no cover
- 24-hour claims service
Read on to learn more about:
- Key policy features of Swiftcover car insurance
- Overview of the car insurance provided by Swiftcover
- Are there any exclusions with Swiftcover car insurance?
- How much does Swiftcover car insurance cost?
- Customer reviews of Swiftcover car insurance
- Expert reviews of Swiftcover car insurance
- How to make a claim on Swiftcover car insurance
Overview of the car insurance provided by Swiftcover
Swiftcover is an insurance company that provides car insurance, breakdown cover, home insurance and van insurance.
Read our review of Swiftcover's home insurance.
Swiftcover provides two levels of car insurance: comprehensive, and third party, fire and theft.
Swiftcover's comprehensive insurance includes:
- An uninsured driver promise, meaning you won't have to pay anything and you won't lose your no claims discount if you get into an accident with an uninsured driver
- £5,000 personal accident cover
- Cover for lost or stolen car keys up to £2,500
- Windscreen cover
- Courtesy car cover for up to 14 days while your car is being repaired by an approved repairer in Swiftcover's network
- Cover for your car stereo and satellite navigation equipment up to £1,000
- A lifetime guarantee on repairs as long as repairs are conducted through Swiftcover's approved network
- A discount for new customers purchasing direct who own a Nextbase Dashcam of up to 12.5%
Its third party, fire and theft insurance includes:
- Courtesy car cover
- Cover for stolen keys
- Lifetime guarantee on fire and theft repairs
- Nextbase dashcam discount
Swiftcover also offers a number of additional extras. These include:
- No claims discount, meaning you can claim once in a year or twice every three years and keep your no claims bonus
- Legal cover that can pay up to £100,000 in legal fees to recover any uninsured losses, including medical expenses and your excess
- Courtesy car upgrade, meaning you'll get a car the same size as your own for up to 21 days, rather than the company's standard 3 door, 1 litre car for 14 days
- Personal injury and rehabilitation that can give you physiotherapy and chiropractic treatments to get you back to health after a car accident
- Breakdown recovery that offers assistance if you need your car towed or repaired due to a breakdown
See if these cover levels put Swiftcover in our list of the best car insurance companies.
Are there any exclusions with Swiftcover car insurance?
Swiftcover won't be able to pay out for a fire or theft claim if loss or damage was caused by a member of your family or household, or by someone you know intimately (for example, an employee).
Theft from the car is excluded if items are not locked in a glove box or boot, or if they are visible from outside the car.
You'll also have to pay an additional premium if you want to use your car in relation to business, and Swiftcover won't cover you for any liability, cost or expense caused by modifications you make to your car.
It's important to read your policy documents thoroughly so you know exactly what you're covered for.
How much does Swiftcover car insurance cost?
It can be hard to predict the cost of car insurance as a number of factors affect the price of your premium, including the car you drive, how long you have been driving for, where your car is kept overnight and where you live.
For more information on this, check out our article on the cost of car insurance.
The excess on Swiftcover's car insurance policy varies depending on the part of the policy you are claiming on. For instance, the excess on windscreen cover is £75 for a full replacement, or £15 if all that is needed is repairs.
Customer reviews of Swiftcover car insurance
Swiftcover car insurance has been rated 1.6 out of 5 on Reviewcentre.com based on over 470 reviews, with 21% of customers recommending the service.
Over on Reviews.co.uk, Swiftcover as a whole has been rated 3.55 out of 5 based on over 140 reviews.
And on Trustpilot, Swiftcover has been rated 0.9 out of 10 based on over 110 reviews.
Bear in mind that the Reviews.co.uk and Trustpilot scores are reviews of the company as a whole, and as such may not be representative of its car insurance alone.
Expert reviews of Swiftcover car insurance
Swiftcover car insurance has been awarded a 4 Star rating from an independent financial reviewer.
A Star rating indicates where a product sits on the market based on the quality and comprehensiveness of its features.
It has also been awarded 5 stars by Fairer Finance.
How to make a claim on Swiftcover car insurance
To make a claim on Swiftcover car insurance if you've had an accident, you'll need to call its 24-hour claim line on 0371 984 3333. Try and have your policy number to hand when you call.
You'll need to take down the details of the other vehicles, drivers, passengers and witnesses, as well as taking photographs of the scene. Swiftcover recommends you call them as soon as possible with this information to ensure it can efficiently deal with your claim.
The company has several other numbers for various types of claims:
- If you're outside the UK: 00 44 1892 500169
- For car crime: 0371 984 3333
- For windscreen claims: 0330 024 6399
- For breakdown claims: 0800 107 7006