Key policy features
- Velosure cyclist insurance includes rescue breakdown cover as standard
- Worldwide cover up to 90 days
- Includes sports cover for triathlons, cyclocross and road racing among other events as standard
- All-round policy for many different types of cyclists including commuters, competitive racers and those who take their bike abroad
- You can get a quick quote from Velosure here
Chesire-based company Velosure specialise in cycling insurance for both retailers and customers. They are a trading name of LawShield UK Ltd.
Bought By Many is also working to make insurance fairer for consumers. Using the combined buying power of our members we've negotiated a 10% discount on a quality cycling insurance policy. Join our group to access the exclusive deal.
Overview of cover provided by Velosure
The main benefits of cycling insurance cover with Velosure are:
- Theft and accidental damage cover
- Up to 90 days worldwide cover as standard
- New-for-old replacement with no deprecation in value for wear and tear or older bikes
- Up to £2m public liability insurance as standard, with the option to increase this to £5m as an additional extra, in case of accidental damage to property or pedestrians
- Sports cover included as standard for: competitive road racing, competitive mountain biking, triathlons, duathlons and ironman events, cyclocross and track racing
- Free legal advice included with any policy
- Bike box cover as standard up to £500, in case it's damaged or stolen
- Optional personal accident cover
- Optional cover for cycling clothing and accessories up to £250 or £500
How much does insurance cover from Velosure cost?
The cost of premiums for Velosure cycle insurance depends on the value of the bike/s insured, your postcode, as well as if you want any optional extras.
As an example, insuring a Trek Emonda S 6 (worth around £1,500) at a Milton Keynes postcode, with no additional extras, would cost £8.91 a month, or a one-off payment of £97.25
What do Velosure insurance customer reviews say?
We couldn't find any UK customer reviews for Velosure because it's a relatively new company.