Key Budget Car Insurance policy features:
- Uninsured driver cover
- Experienced driver discount
- 24/7 online self-service centre
Read on to learn more about Budget car insurance:
What types of car insurance does Budget Insurance offer?
Budget Insurance offers three types of car insurance:
- Third party - this is the minimum amount of cover you are required to hold by UK law. It covers you if you hurt other people or damage their property.
- Third Party, Fire and Theft – cover for loss or damage to your car caused directly by fire, theft or attempted theft, as well as third party cover.
- Comprehensive Insurance – includes all of the above, plus damage to your car through an accident or malicious damage; cover for window screen, windows and windscreen (including full replacement); excess refund if your car is involved in an accident with an uninsured driver; and up to £300 per claim towards the cost of replacing a child's car seat.
An excess fee applies to some claims. The amount varies but will be shown in the policy schedule.
What optional extras are available from Budget car insurance?
For an extra premium, Budget car insurance customers can purchase Motor Legal Protection, Breakdown Assistance cover, Personal Accident cover, Guaranteed Replacement Car and Keycare cover.
How much does Budget Car Insurance cover cost?
The cost of car insurance varies according to many different factors, including the make and model of the vehicle, what it’s used for, the level of cover required and the driver’s personal details, such as age, profession and address.
Are discounts available for Budget Car Insurance?
We couldn’t find any discounts or cashback offers for Budget car Insurance at the time of writing.
However, the company does offer a no-claims discount and an Experienced Driver discount (exact amounts vary).
Budget Car Insurance customer reviews
On reviewcentre.com, Budget car insurance got 3.7 out of 5 stars, based on over 1,000 reviews. 72% of customers said they would recommend the company.
On Reviews.co.uk, Budget Insurance got 2.66 out of 5 stars, based on over 180 reviews. Forty per cent of reviewers said they would recommend the company.
On Trustpilot, Budget Insurance has 8.3 out of 10 stars and a rating of Great, based on over 4,000 reviews.
Expert reviews of Budget car insurance
Independent financial researcher Defaqto rated Budget Insurance’s Comprehensive car insurance policy 5 Stars.
A Star Rating indicates where a product or proposition sits in the market based on the quality and comprehensiveness of the features it offers.
A 5 Star rated policy has “an excellent product with a comprehensive range of features".
How to make a claim on Budget Car Insurance?
To make a claim, call Budget Insurance’s 24/7 claims line on 0344 412 2127.
Budget Insurance recommend you have the following information available when calling them:
- Your policy number
- The full details and registration numbers of everyone involved in the incident (including details of passengers)
- Details of any witnesses available
- Police reference numbers, if relevant
Other services available from Budget Insurance
Budget Insurance offers a range of insurance products, including van, home and life insurance.