Key policy benefits
- Four levels of cover to choose from
- Discounted rates for couples
- Kids go free on family policies
- Full access to all your documents through your online My Bubble account
Protect your bubble was launched in the UK in 2008. Since then, the company has provided more than a million customers with many different insurance products, including Gadget Insurance, Bicycle Insurance, Pet Insurance and Travel Insurance.
Click the link to get a travel insurance quote from the Protect Your Bubble website.
Cover provided by Protect Your Bubble Travel Insurance
Protect Your Bubble provides travel insurance to UK residents up to the age of 55. There are four levels of cover available:
- £1,500 for cancellation, abandonment or curtailment
- £1,500 personal luggage cover
- £5,000 personal accident cover
- Excess of £150 per claim applies (£200 for medical emergency, repatriation and dental)
- £2,000 for cancellation, abandonment or curtailment
- £300 for delay
- £750 for missed departure
- £1,500 personal luggage cover
- £15,000 personal accident cover
- £15,000 legal protection cover
- Excess of £100 per claim applies (£150 for medical emergency, repatriation and dental)
- £5,000 for cancellation, abandonment or curtailment
- £400 for delay
- £1,000 for missed departure
- £2,000 personal luggage cover
- £25,000 personal accident cover
- £25,000 legal protection cover
- Excess of £85 per claim applies
Premier Plus Cover:
- £10,000 for cancellation, abandonment or curtailment
- £500 for delay
- £1,500 for missed departure
- £3,000 personal luggage cover
- £50,000 personal accident cover
- £50,000 legal protection cover
- No excess
All policies come with £10,000,000 cover for medical emergency and repatriation and £2,000,000 personal liability cover.
An excess waiver can be purchased for an extra cost. Some claims carry a zero excess at all levels.
Several optional extras can be added to your policy for additional premiums, including car hire excess protection, winter sports cover, cruise cover, business cover and golf cover (only winter sports and cruise are available with Economy cover).
Cover for some pre-existing medical conditions is available, subject to a medical screening online on by phone.
Click the link to get a personalised travel insurance quote from Protect Your Bubble.
How much does travel insurance cover from Protect Your Bubble cost?
The cost of Travel Insurance is affected by many different factors, such as the age and existing medical conditions of the persons travelling, as well as the length of the trip, the destination and activities planned.
However, according to Protect Your Bubble’s website, cover starts from £5.68 for Economy, £6.77 for Standard, £8.38 for Premier and £11.58 for Premier Plus. Annual cover starts from £27.96.
Get a quote tailored to your needs on the Protect Your Bubble website.
What do Protect Your Bubble travel Insurance reviews by customer say?
On Ciao.co.uk, Protect Your Bubble travel insurance scores 3.5 stars out of 5. Out of the 15 customers who reviewed the service, 65% left positive feedback.
On Trustpilot, the reviews are for Protect Your Bubble as a company (rather than specifically for their travel insurance product). The company received 4 out of 5 stars and a score of 8.6 out of 10 – giving it a rating of Great. 75.5% of the 13,183 customers who left reviews gave the company 5 stars, and a further 17.8% left 4 star reviews.
What do Protect Your Bubble travel Insurance reviews from the experts say?
Independent financial researcher Defaqto has rated Protect Your Bubble’s Premier Plus Travel Insurance policy as 5 Star, the company’s Premier and Standard policies as 3 Star and Economy policy as 2 Star.
A Star Rating indicates where a product or proposition sits in the market based on the quality and comprehensiveness of the features it offers.
A 5 Star rated policy has “an excellent product with a comprehensive range of features and benefits”, a 3 Star rated policy has “an average level of features and benefits” and a 2 Star policy has “a below average range of features and benefits”.
This article was independently written by Bought By Many. We were not paid to write it, but we may receive commission for sales that result from you clicking on a link to one of our partners.