Established in 2001 as part of the Royal & Sun Alliance Group, More Than offers a range of personal insurance products, including home, pet, landlord, travel, life, caravan and motorhome, in addition to car insurance.
Get a car insurance quote with More Than car insurance.
Read on to learn about:
- Overview of cover provided by More Than car insurance
- How much does More Than car insurance cost?
- Multi car insurance with More Than
- More Than car insurance reviews
- What do More Than car insurance reviews from the experts say?
Overview of cover provided by More Than car insurance
More Than provides two levels of car insurance cover: third party fire and theft, and fully comprehensive.
- Third party fire and theft covers damage to other motorists’ vehicles, plus costs if your own vehicle is stolen or damaged by fire.
- Fully comprehensive cover includes cover for damage to your own vehicle beyond fire (i.e. if you are in a collision) and offers a greater range of benefits, such as Personal Effects cover, £5,000 Personal Accident cover, In-Car Entertainment cover and Windscreen cover. You will also get a courtesy car as standard if you use an approved repairer. There's an option to upgrade your car hire when you purchase your policy.
- You can add both No Claims Bonus protection and Legal Assistance to both policies for an additional premium.
- There's also access to a free 24-hour emergency helpline if you've been involved in an accident where someone has got injured.
- More Than car insurance also offers four levels of breakdown cover (from partner company RAC) for both policy types. These can be added on for an additional premium.
- In addition to regular car insurance, More Than caters for young drivers with its ‘Smart Wheels’ policies, which uses telematics (a ‘black box’ device) to monitor driving styles and safety. The safer the driving, the cheaper the renewal premium. And unlike some black box insurers, More Than won’t enforce a curfew, nor increase your premium during the first year, regardless of your driving score.
Check if More Than are featured in our reviews of the Best Black Box Insurance Providers.
How much does More Than car insurance cost?
Costs depend on a number of factors, such as your car, your address, your driving history, and so on, not to mention the level of cover you choose, along with any optional extras.
However, More Than claims its insurance could save 10% of drivers £269. Those considering Smart Wheels insurance could save up to £994 when compared to 10% of standard More Than quotes for 18-24 year olds.
Smart Wheels also offers up to 10% cashback paid onto a Smart Wheels Pre-Paid Reward Mastercard, for safe driving. You can spend this anywhere that displays the Mastercard logo.
It should be remembered though that you need to purchase 'miles' when you buy your Smart Wheels cover - this is the maximum number of miles you can drive in a year. If you go over this, you'll need to buy more miles.
Keen to bolster customer loyalty, existing More Than customers can enjoy a 15% loyalty discount– More Than say you can only get this discount if you're an existing customer taking out a new policy.
Multi car insurance with More Than
More Than offer a 15% discount if you want to insure more than one car in your household.
Get a quote with More Than Car Insurance
More Than car insurance reviews
More Than car insurance reviews are mixed.
Just 9% of 315 reviewers on Reviewcentre.com would recommend More Than.
Auto Express' 2017 car insurance charts place More Than at 24th out of 25 companies listed on a consumer poll. However, of those who responded to the survey 75% said they'd renew their policy.
What do More Than car insurance reviews from the experts say?
Defaqto – the independent financial products review service – has awarded its car insurance five stars out of a possible five, making it a product "that provides quality cover and includes a comprehensive range of features and benefits".
Dafaqto gives More Than's Smart Wheels policy three stars. Meaning the product for young drivers "has a standard range of features and benefits".
Fairer Finance give More Than 4/5 stars for their car insurance product, and the customer experience ratings rank it 20th out of 51 providers analysed - reviews conducted Autumn 2017.
Finally Which? have rated More Than car insurance as 20th out of 31 car insurers - review conducted January 2018.