Key LV= policy features
- 24-hour UK emergency helpline if you need help in a hurry
- 12-month guarantee on all repairs when you use our recommended repairer service
- Choose from our two levels of home insurance: Home and Home Plus
Get a quote from LV= Home Insurance.
Find out if LV= Home Insurance made it into our list of the best home insurance companies.
Read on to learn more about:
- What types of home insurance does LV= offer?
- What optional extras are available from LV= home insurance?
- How much does LV= home insurance cost?
- Are discounts available for LV= home insurance?
- LV= home insurance customer reviews
- Expert reviews of LV= home insurance
- How to make a claim on LV= home insurance?
- Other services available from LV=
LV= — also known as Liverpool Victoria — offers two types of home insurance cover: Home and Home Plus.
Home — LV=’s standard home insurance plan. It covers the following:
- £1 million buildings cover to rebuild your home
- £50,000 towards alternative accommodation if you can’t stay in your home while it’s undergoing repairs following a claim
- Up to £100,000 home contents cover
Home Plus — LV=’s premium plan for home insurance. It offers a higher level of coverage than the standard Home plan:
- Unlimited buildings cover to rebuild your home
- £100,000 towards alternative accommodation if you can’t stay in your home while it’s undergoing repairs following a claim
- Up to £150,000 contents cover
- Full accidental damage cover included
- Personal belongings cover away from home included
- Bicycle cover away from home included
Customers have access to a 24/7 emergency helpline, available 365 days per year.
Get a quote from LV= Home Insurance on their website.
See how LV= compares to other providers in our list of the Best Home Insurance Companies.
LV= also offers Landlord Insurance.
LV= has several optional extras available on it’s standard Home plan. These include:
- Full accidental damage cover
- Personal belongings cover away from home
- Bicycle cover away from home
Some cover that is normally only available as an add-on with other insurers is actually included in the standard package, including:
- Replacements for locks and keys
- Accidental damage cover in case fixtures and fittings like your windows, toilets or baths get damaged
- A 12-month warranty on all repairs when you use our recommended repairer service
The cost of home insurance varies according to various factors. LV= cites the following factors are taken into consideration when providing home insurance quotes:
- The building materials of your home — Some materials can be at higher risk of things like fire damage
- Where you live — Areas prone to flooding are typically more expensive to insure
- Your home security — Installing cameras and alarms can sometimes reduce your premiums
- The type of building and its size
- Government initiatives — Schemes like Flood Re can help supplement the cost of your home insurance
- The costs of repairs
- Severe weather — Homes that are likely to be impacted by future weather events may be more expensive to insure
LV= claims that new customers can save up to 25% on their home insurance policies when they book online. This is based on over 30% of customers receiving a 25% discount (excluding Home Emergency cover and Home Legal Expenses). Terms and conditions apply.
On their own website, LV= have customer reviews verified by Reevoo. Their home insurance service is rated as 9.1 out of 10, based on over 5,700 reviews in the past 2 years. Customers have praised its ease of purchase, clarity of policy information, and value for money.
Overall, LV= has a high approval rating on Revoo. 99% of over 6,400 respondents said they would buy again from LV=, with 92% of more than 1,400 respondents saying that enquiries were handled effectively.
On Reviewcentre.com, LV= Home Insurance scores 3.0 out of 5 stars, based on more than 200 reviews. 55% of customers would recommend the service.
On Trustpilot, LV= has a score of 4.7 out of 5 based on more than 29,000 reviews, achieving a high overall rating of ‘Excellent’.
On Reviews.co.uk, LV= has 3.37 out of 5 stars based on more than 200 reviews.
LV= has been named ‘the UK’s No. 1 insurer for customer service’ in a UKCSI survey (January 2021). The award recognises LV=’s commitment to delivering high quality customer service, according to figures by The Institute of Customer Service.
LV= is recognised by Which? as a recommended home insurance provider.
LV= recommends you take a look at its claim considerations before making a home insurance claim.
If you still wish to make a claim, you need to call LV=’s claims line on 0800 032 2844 (or +44 (0) 1202 296762 from abroad). Lines are open 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday and 9 am to 1 pm on Saturday. Emergency assistance is available 24/7.
You will need your policy number when calling. If you are reporting a theft, you will need to get a crime reference number from the police before calling LV=.
LV= will then make the necessary checks, including arranging repairs and replacements as needed.