Key LV= policy features.
- Pay out on 99% of claims ( 99.6% of direct motor claims paid Oct ’20 – Sept ’21)
- Discount when you buy your car insurance online
- Friendly UK-based call centres – there if you need to make a claim day or night, 24/7
Find out if LV= Car Insurance made it into our list of the best car insurance companies.
Or, read on to learn more about:
- What types of car insurance does LV= offer?
- What optional extras are available from LV= car insurance?
- LV= car insurance customer reviews
- Expert reviews of LV= car insurance
- How to make a claim on LV= car insurance?
- Other services available from LV=
What types of car insurance does LV= offer?
LV= offers three types of insurance, as is usually the case with car insurance:
Third Party Only - covers you for damage or injury to other people and their property only.
Third Party, Fire and Theft – cover for damage or injury to other people and their property, plus damage to your vehicle by fire and theft only.
Comprehensive Insurance – From theft to write-offs and even lost keys, you'll be covered with LV=.
Here's what you'll like about their comprehensive cover:
• Accidental damage cover - Scratched or dented your car? They will pay for repairs so it's as good as it was before the accident
• Uninsured driver promise - If the other driver is not insured and the accident’s not your fault, you keep your no claim discount and there's no excess to pay – as long as you have the details of the other vehicle and driver
• Misfuelling cover - Accidentally filled your car with the wrong fuel? It happens. LV= pay to drain and flush your fuel tank, as well as cover the damage to the car's engine
• European cover - Get the same level of cover as you have in the UK in the EU for up to 180 days a year.
• Vandalism promise - If your car is vandalised and you have to claim, you'll keep your no claim discount – you'll just need to pay your excess
• Replacement child car seats - LV= will replace your child car seats if your car has been in an accident – even if there’s no apparent damage
• New locks and keys if your keys are lost or stolen (after all, accidents happen)
See how LV= compares to other providers in our list of the best car insurance companies.
What optional extras are available from LV= car insurance?
For an extra premium, LV= car insurance customers can get motor legal expenses up to £100,000, guaranteed courtesy car cover, increased personal accident cover up to £100,000, breakdown cover and No Claims Discount protection for the life of the policy (for drivers who have earned four or more years of NCD).
LV= car insurance customer reviews
On their own website, LV= have customer reviews verified by Reevoo. Their car insurance service is rated as 9.2 out of 10, based on over 20,500 reviews in the past 24 months.
On Reviewcentre.com, LV= car insurance scores 3.5 out of 5 stars, based on 613 reviews. 67% of customers would recommend the service.
On Trustpilot, LV= has a score of 4.7 out of 5 stars, based on 47,436 reviews.
On Reviews.co.uk, LV= scores 3.37 out of 5 stars, based on over 218 reviews.
Expert reviews of LV= car insurance
Independent financial researcher Defaqto rated LV=’s comprehensive car insurance policy as 5 Star (the company’s breakdown cover also received a 5 Star rating).
A Star Rating indicates where a product or proposition sits in the market based on the quality and comprehensiveness of the features it offers.
A 5 Star rated policy has “an excellent product with a comprehensive range of features.
How to make a claim on LV= Car Insurance?
For windscreen or glass claim, contact National Windscreens through LV=’s claim section or by calling National Windscreens directly on 0800 1669 9499.
For all other claims, call LV=’s 24/7 claim line on 0800 032 2577 (or +44 1689 898 603 from abroad). You will need your registration number or policy number when calling. If you are reporting a theft, you will need to get a crime reference number from the police before calling LV=.
LV= will then make the necessary checks, including with other insurance companies if the incident involved other people or vehicles, and will get back to you asap.
Other services available from LV=
LV= offer a range of insurance products, including caravan, motorbike, home, contents, travel, landlord, pet, life and Over-50s life insurance.
The company also offers investment services, retirement and pension services and legal services.