Key InsuraTrip policy features
- Up to £10m medical and £3,000 of baggage cover with InsuraTrip's most comprehensive policy
- Four levels of cover to choose from and policies that cover cover winter sports, backpackers, cruises and more
- Kids go free on family policies
InsuraTrip offers a range of travel insurance policies, including single and multi-trip cover. Because it has such varied cover levels, prices may also have a wide range although it says seven days of basic single trip cover in Europe (not including Spain) can cost less than £6.50.
Find out if InsuraTrip features in our guide to the 10 best travel insurance companies.
On its website it says InsuraTrip.com is a trading style of Voyager Insurance Services Ltd, which offers its own policies with its own limits.
Most of its travel policy is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc but its supplier, insolvency and disruption cover is underwritten by Affirma.
- What types of travel insurance does InsuraTrip offer?
- Are there restrictions with InsuraTrip travel insurance?
- How much does InsuraTrip travel insurance cost?
- Does InsuraTrip travel insurance cover medical conditions?
- Are discount codes available for InsuraTrip travel insurance?
- Customer reviews of InsuraTrip travel insurance
- Expert reviews of InsuraTrip travel insurance
- How to make a claim
What types of travel insurance does InsuraTrip offer?
InsuraTrip offers four levels of cover for single and multi-trips: Basic, Standard, Super and Premier.
It also offers winter sports, backpacker and cruise insurance, and a range of optional extras that cost more such as cover for golf, business trips, weddings, gadgets and supplier disruption.
Here are examples of cover levels for an annual worldwide multi-trip policy:
- Premier £10m for medical emergencies, £7,500 for cancellation, £1,500 for scheduled airline failure, £3,000 for baggage with a £500 single item limit, £500 for cash, £50,000 for personal accidents, a £50 standard excess
- Super £10m for medical emergencies, £5,000 for cancellation, £0 for scheduled airline failure, £2,000 for baggage with a £300 single item limit, £250 for cash, £25,000 for personal accidents, a £95 standard excess
- Standard £10m for medical emergencies, £1,000 for cancellation, £0 for scheduled airline failure, £1,000 for baggage with a £100 single item limit, £200 for cash, £0 for personal accidents, a £195 standard excess
- Basic £10m for medical emergencies, £500 for cancellation, £0 for scheduled airline failure, £500 for baggage with a £100 single item limit, £200 for cash, £0 for personal accidents, a £195 standard excess
InsuraTrip's Premier and Super policies do seem to offer comparable levels of cover to well-rated rivals.
However, its Standard and Basic policies have low limits for things like cancellation and baggage compared to many of the companies in our guide to the best travel insurance policies. Also, the £195 excess is high - if you made a £500 claim for baggage on the Basic policy you would only get £305 back, and you wouldn't be able to claim the full £100 limit for single items.
InsuraTrip does give the option to have no excess but that will increase the cost of the premium. There is also the option to lower the premium by doubling the excess.
InsuraTrip's policies may be worth considering for travel to the US because they feature in our list of the best travel insurance for trips to America. We looked at cover limits and price to come up with the list.
Are there restrictions with InsuraTrip travel insurance?
If you're travelling to Spain you'll need to make sure you select InsuraTrip's European cover that includes the country because it does offer cover for Europe that excludes Spain.
If you're going on a trip longer than 32 days you won't be able to use InsuraTrip's Standard or Basic policies but Super can cover you for trips of 45 days and Premier goes up to 62 days.
Make sure you understand the single item limit that applies to you baggage cover. This is the amount you can claim for expensive individual items, although you may have a £3,000 luggage limit you cannot claim for items worth more than £500 on InsuraTrip's Premier policy. There is a separate lower limit for eyewear, which will cover glasses and sunglasses.
Find out about policies with the best single item limits here.
As with many travel insurance policies, only certain activities are covered as standard. Other, more risky, sports and activities can be covered via paid activity pack add-ons.
Make sure anything you want to do on holiday is covered, for example, for mountain biking you'd need activity pack 2 and for yachting you'd need activity pack 8.
Terrorism will not be covered for any claims other than medical emergencies. Find out how to get cover for terrorism.
How much does InsuraTrip travel insurance cost?
The cost of travel insurance will depend on a number of factors such as where you're going and how old you are.
InsuraTrip lists a few starting prices on its website - single trip £6.50, annual multi-trip £19, winter sports £12.50, backpacker £13.50 and cruise £7.50.
Does InsuraTrip travel insurance cover medical conditions?
On the home page of its site InsuraTrip says: "This policy does not provide cover for pre-existing medical conditions unless declared to us and accepted by us in writing (an additional premium may be payable)."
To declare any conditions you have to phone InsuraTrip on: 0203 829 3814.
Are discount codes available for InsuraTrip travel insurance?
We could not find any discounts or voucher codes for InsuraTrip.
Customer reviews of InsuraTrip travel insurance
InsuraTrip scores 4.6 out of five from over 2,300 customer reviews in the past year on Feefo.
Expert reviews of InsuraTrip travel insurance
Independent financial review company Defaqto has rated each InsuraTrip policy. Premier scores 5 Stars, Super 3 and Standard and Basic both score 2 Stars.
How to make a claim
InsuraTrip has appointed the company Travel Claims Facilities to handle its claims. You will have to go to the Travel Claims Facilities website to download a claims form to make a claim. You can call them on 0203 829 6761.
For certain claims, such as gadget you will need to contact other companies. It's best to check InsuraTrip's claims information here.