Key policy features of Holidaysafe travel insurance
- Some cover for pre-existing medical conditions
- Dedicated travel insurance for mountain biking, scuba diving, sailing and more
- No upper age limit on its single trip travel insurance policy
Find out if Holidaysafe makes it into our list of the best travel insurance.
Read on to learn more about:
- Key policy features of Holidaysafe travel insurance
- What types of travel insurance does Holidaysafe offer?
- Are there any restrictions with Holidaysafe travel insurance?
- Does Holidaysafe offer travel insurance for over 65s?
- Does Holidaysafe offer travel insurance cover for pre-existing conditions?
- How much does travel insurance from Holidaysafe cost?
- Are any discounts available for Holidaysafe travel insurance?
- Customer reviews of Holidaysafe travel insurance
- Expert reviews of Holidaysafe travel insurance
- How to make a claim on Holidaysafe travel insurance
What types of travel insurance does Holidaysafe offer?
Holidaysafe offers single trip, multi-trip and long stay (backpacker) travel insurance policies. It provides five different levels of travel insurance cover:
- Premier Platinum is only available on its multi-trip travel insurance policy. This provides £10m medical expenses, personal liability of £2m, £7,500 cover if you are unable to go on your trip, accidental death benefit of £30,000 and £100,000 in legal expenses. It also offers cover for things like replenishing prescription medicine, cover for lost, stolen or damaged gadgets, and even £300 if your pet is taken ill.
- Premier Plus offers £10m in medical expenses cover, £2m public liability, £7,500 cover if you are unable to go on your trip, accidental death benefit of £25,000 and £100,000 in legal expenses.
- Premier provides £10m medical expenses cover, £2m public liability cover, £5,000 if you are unable to go on your trip, accidental death cover of £20,000 and legal expenses cover of £50,000.
- Standard offers £5m in medical expenses cover, £1m public liability cover, £1,500 if you are unable to go on your trip, accidental death cover of £5,000 and legal expenses cover of £10,000.
- Last Minute cover is only available on Holidaysafe's single trip travel insurance policy. It provides £10m in medical expenses cover and £2m personal liability, but no cover if you are unable to go on your trip, accidental death cover of £15,000 and legal expenses cover of £50,000.
Aside from these five cover levels, Holidaysafe offers a range of other niche travel insurance products to cater to all needs. These include cover for cycling, golf, marathon, motorcycling, mountain biking, scuba diving, running, sailing and triathlon holidays, cover for winter sports and cover for dangerous destinations.
It also offers a number of optional extras, including cruise cover, business and wedding cover, an excess waiver and sports equipment cover. It also offers a family policy, under which under 21s are covered for free. This cover also includes specialist 'family assist' cover that can provide for an adult to travel out and bring your children home if you have to stay abroad due to an emergency.
Find out if these cover levels get Holidaysafe into our list of the best travel insurance.
Are there any restrictions with Holidaysafe travel insurance?
Holidaysafe's multi-trip policy will only cover you up to 45 days unless you pay an additional premium.
It also has a list of included activities with its travel insurance, some of which will require an additional premium. Any activities not listed will not be covered at all unless you contact Holidaysafe and it agrees to provide insurance.
Moreover, any claims arising from war or terrorism will not be covered. However, some insurers will cover this. Check out our article on travel insurance with terrorism cover and for dangerous areas for more information.
Make sure you read your policy documents thoroughly so you know exactly what you are covered for.
Does Holidaysafe offer travel insurance for over 65s?
Holidaysafe's single trip travel insurance policy has no upper age limit, and its multi-trip policy is available for anyone up to the age of 79. Its long stay travel insurance policy will cover you up to the age of 75.
Does Holidaysafe offer travel insurance for pre-existing conditions?
Holidaysafe makes it into our list of the best travel insurance cover for medical conditions. This means we think it is particularly good at being able to cover you if you have a pre-existing condition.
Holidaysafe utilises a Protectif medical risk rating service to assess the risk associated with pre-existing medical conditions. This means you will have to call them if you have ever suffered from a heart or circulatory condition, a stroke or high blood pressure, a breathing condition, cancer or diabetes, or if you have had a serious or reoccurring illness in the last two years. Bear in mind that if Holidaysafe is able to cover your condition, it will probably be at an increased premium.
Unfortunately, it can be extremely difficult to find travel insurance cover for pre-existing conditions, especially for serious conditions like cancer. Join our travel insurance for cancer patients group to keep updated with any developments in the insurance industry that might help people with cancer find cheaper insurance.
How much does travel insurance from Holidaysafe cost?
Holidaysafe says its single trip travel insurance starts from £4.25, and its multi-trip travel insurance starts from £20.27. These prices are based on a 35-year-old travelling to Europe for three days.
It says its Longstay travel insurance starts from 26p per day, based on an 18 to 40 year old travelling around Europe for three months.
Holidaysafe says its over 65s travel insurance starts from £8.74, based on a 74-year-old travelling to Europe for three days.
In reality, it can be hard to predict the price of travel insurance as several factors go into calculating a premium, including your destination, the length of your trip, your age and the policy you choose. To get an accurate quote, it's easier to just get a quote.
And while cost is an important part of purchasing travel insurance for many people, it shouldn't be the only thing you consider. We've talked more about this in our best travel insurance article.
Are any discounts available for Holidaysafe travel insurance?
Holidaysafe offers a 15% discount for customers buying online.
Customer reviews of Holidaysafe travel insurance
On Trustpilot, Holidaysafe has a rating of 9.1 out of 10 based on over 7,650 reviews.
Expert reviews of Holidaysafe travel insurance
Holidaysafe's Premier Plus travel insurance policy has been given a 5 Star rating from an independent financial reviewer.
Its Family and Premier policies have been awarded a 4 Star rating, and its Standard policy has been awarded a 3 Star rating. Its Lite policy has been given a 2 Star rating.
Its Wintersports Premier and Standard policies have both been given a 3 Star rating, and its Wintersports Lite a 2 Star rating.
A Star rating indicates where a product sits on the market based on the quality and comprehensiveness of its features.
Over on Fairer Finance, Holidaysafe's Premier Platinum policy has been awarded 5 stars. Its Premier and Premier Plus policies have been given four stars, and its Standard two stars.
Its Last Minute policy has been awarded one star.
How to make a claim on Holidaysafe travel insurance
If you need to make a claim on Holidaysafe's travel insurance, you'll need to download the relevant claims form from its website. After you've filled it in, you'll have to send it to the company that deals with Holidaysafe's claims by post.
Holidaysafe says there is a turnaround time of 10-15 days from the receipt of a completed claims form.