Key policy features
- Unlimited cover for windscreen repair or replacement with their recommended specialists
- 4 levels of optional breakdown assistance cover
- 10% multi-car discount for partner's car insured at same address
Esure provides very similar cover to that of Sheila's Wheels, with Sheila's Wheels also offering cover tailored towards women, like up to £300 handbag cover. Esure instead offers £100 maximum cover for personal belongings.
Overview of Esure Car Insurance
Esure offers the following features of its car insurance as standard:
- Damage to your car - excluding draining fuel in the event of misfueling, and damage done by a pet
- Unlimited legal liability cover for death or injury to other people, and up to £20 million per event for damage to property
- Driving other cars extension (only applies to the policy holder)
- New car replacement if the car is less than a year old
- Repair work is guaranteed for 5 years if you use one of their recommended repairers
- Courtesy car if your car is being repairs by one of their recommended repairers
- Also includes cover for trips abroad
Esure also offers these optional extras:
- Motoring legal protection, which offers up to £100,000 to defend you if you're prosecuted for a motoring offence, and up to £100,000 to help pursue recovery of losses not covered by your car insurance policy from the other party responsible for the accident
- Personal Injury Benefit - offers up to £100,000 in the case of injury or death if a named driver is at fault, and £30,000 if not
- Car hire if the car is stolen, for up to 21 days
- Key cover if keys are lost, damaged or stolen - through Green Flag
- Misfueling cover - through Green Flag
Esure offers breakdown assistance as an optional extra, through Green Flag. It offers 4 levels of breakdown cover:
- Roadside assistance - the lowest level of cover. Offers 60 minutes of labour at the roadside for the repair of minor mechanical or electrical faults: you have to pay for the parts. If the vehicle can't be repaired at the roadside then it includes recovery to the nearest garage, or destination of your choice within a 10 mile radius of the incident.
- Roadside Assistance and Home Rescue - same as above but also includes assistance at home and within a 1/4 mile radius of your home.
- Roadside Assistance, Home Rescue and Recovery - same as above but also includes national recovery service for the car, driver and up to 7 passengers anywhere in the UK, plus a hire car to complete your journey up to £100, or overnight accommodation up to £150 per person, messaging service to 3 people, and a chauffeur service if the only driver is unable to drive due to injury/sickness.
- Cover for any car for you and your partner - option to extend the cover to any car you/your partner are travelling in, as long as the car isn't over 16 years old.
Find out what makes a good car insurance policy in this article.
How much does Esure car insurance cost?
The cost of Esure car insurance depends on a number of factors, including your age, address, the model and age of your car, and the level of cover chosen.
Esure state that 10% of new customers paid £181 for their car insurance in July 2016.
Find out how much your quote will be on Esure's website.
Car insurance is usually more expensive for younger drivers. We think this is unfair, so you can join our group for younger drivers, which uses group buying power to get a better deal for young drivers.
What do customer reviews say about Esure Car Insurance?
We could not find many customer reviews from different websites for Esure car insurance. However, on TrustPilot, Esure car insurance has an average score of 1 out of 10, based on 215 reviews.
What do experts reviews say about Esure Car Insurance?
Independent financial researcher Defaqto has rated Esure's car insurance policy as 5 Star.
A Star Rating indicates where a product or proposition sits in the market based on the quality and comprehensiveness of the features it offers.
A 5 Star rated policy “has a comprehensive range of features and benefits”.