Here's a quick guide to Bought By Many pet insurance that covers some of the questions vets and owners have asked us.
- Most of our pet insurance policies offer lifetime cover. We have a range of unique options, such as cover for pre-existing conditions, and our Complete cover has £15,000 of lifetime vet fee cover.
- We've made things easier for vets and owners. Our policy documents are easy to understand and we don't use claim forms.
We've also launched Many Nurses Club for vet nurses that offers free CPD and other exclusive offers. Join here to find out more.
We launched Bought By Many's pet insurance for cats and dogs in 2017 and we now cover hundred of thousands of pets.
Our pet insurance is backed by underwriter Great Lakes.
We create everything from scratch. So most of our policies are lifetime, we have the most comprehensive policy available, all our policies cover conditions that ended at least two years ago, our policy documents are in plain English and we don't use complicated claims forms.
We can pay owners or vets directly.
Customers love what we're doing, we have thousands of 5-star reviews and in 2019 we were voted the most trusted pet insurance provider in Britain at the Moneywise Customer Service Awards.
Bought By Many’s unique policies
Check out our policy summary and policy documents to see everything we offer in detail. Customers can choose between these policies, we don’t offer all unique features under one policy.
Here's a brief overview of what we offer:
- Pre-Existing – This policy can cover pre-existing conditions as long as the pet has not received treatment, medication or advice in the three months before the policy starts. All our policies cover conditions that ended at least two years ago. With the Pre-existing policy, we offer £500 of vet fees cover for all pre-existing conditions in the first year of the policy and £1,000 of cover in the second year, provided no claims were made in the first year. If the customer hasn’t claimed by the end of the second year, the condition will be treated as a new condition and receive £7,000 of cover.
- Fixed for Life – We are the only pet insurer that offers a policy where the premium never increases, even if the owner claims. It's available for dogs and cats under the age of 2 and once the owner has the policy the price will not increase over the pet's life, as long as they renew each year.
- MoneyBack – If no claims are made in a policy year, we will pay 20% of the premium back. The vet fee limit is £7,000 a year.
- Complete – This is the most comprehensive pet insurance on the market. It includes a vet fee limit of £15,000, dental cover for illness as standard, £6,000 if the pet is ever lost, stolen or passes away, a £2,000 limit for emergency minding and more.
Lifetime insurance covers vet fees up to the stated limit every year. So long as the policy is renewed each year, the level of vet fees will reset to the full stated limits that the policy started with.
With a lifetime product, it is important to note that premiums can increase each year at renewal.
- Regular – Our Regular policy offers the choice of a £0 excess. It has a yearly limit of £7,000 for vet fees.
- Value - This is our most affordable pet insurance. It offers £3,000 of lifetime vet fee cover a year.
We also have a Liability Only policy – it covers customers if their dog harms somebody or damages their property. It covers public liability claims up to £3m.
What our claims procedure means for vets
We were the first pet insurance provider to offer fully online claims.
Customers can quickly make a claim by logging into My Account.
We ask a handful of questions and once we have that information we can get in touch with the vet to find out about the treatment and costs and arrange a payout if the claim is successful. We can pay vets directly.
We do not require vets to fill out a claims form and we may ask for details over email. We’re aware that delays in claims procedures can often cause cashflow problems for vets, which is why we’ve optimised our claims procedure to reduce waiting times.
Vet claims pre-authorisation
We don't offer pre-authorisation on vet fee claims at present. Although we are aware it's something vets are asking for.
Pet insurance for vets
Many vets have got in touch (and chosen!) our cover so here are answers to their most common questions.
Do vets get a discount?
We don't offer discounts to any customers. We have a policy to make pricing fair to everyone so we promise existing customers they'll never may more than a new customers.
However, we have launched Many Nurses Club for vet nurses where we're working on introducing a scheme that will give vet professionals a voucher if they choose our cover. Join here to find out more.
Can I treat my own pet if I have your cover?
Yes. We know many professionals feel comfortable treating their own pet so that's fine with us. We just ask that all charges are in line with your practice pricing policy. For example, if staff get a discount, the discounted rate should be charged for the claim - not the standard higher price for clients.
Is my pet covered if I take it to work at a practice with me?
Our public liability cover does not cover pets in practices. So if your pet caused an accident or injury we wouldn't cover that. But check with your practice because their business insurance might offer you protection.