Bought By Many’s insurance policy documents are the first to be awarded Fairer Finance’s Clear & Simple Mark for the clarity of their design and language.
They’re designed to be easy to understand for all customers.
Bought By Many pet insurance policies
Policy documents for policies bought on or after 17 December 2019
Policy documents for policies bought before 17 December 2019
Insurance Product Information Documents
An Insurance Product Information Document (IPID) is a summary of what a policy does and doesn't cover. It's a standard format used by all insurers to make it easier to compare policies from different pet insurance providers.
For policies bought on or after 17 December 2019
For policies bought before 17 December 2019
Key exclusions to be aware of
We recommend reading our policy documents but we've pulled out a few things we think you should know about our pet insurance.
- Fixed For Life is only available to buy if your cat or dog is under 2 years old. If you do buy it, the policy will never increase in price for the rest of your pet's life as long as you renew each year
- The no excess option on our Regular policy is only available for pets under 9 years old
- Our 15% multi-pet insurance discount applies to pets on the same policy. For example, a dog and a cat both on a Regular policy that was bought at the same time
- We are unable to pay vet fee claims incurred within the first 14 days of your policy and we cannot pay accident claims from the first 48 hours. However, This waiting period does not apply to customers renewing their existing policy, or customers switching policies from a different insurer with no gap in their cover.
- For pets over 9 years old there is a 20% co-payment for claims
- Our Pre-existing policy does not cover anything your pet is currently having treatment for or any condition your pet has had treatment or advice for in the last 3 months. All of our policies cover conditions your pet received treatment or advice for more than 2 years ago