Key policy features
- Cycling insurance for people who "own nice bikes and ride them a lot"
- Includes cover for competitions and worldwide travel with your bike
- You can get 10% off Bikmo's cycling insurance by joining our cycling insurance group
Bikmo is an innovative company specialising in cycling insurance. According to the company, it was developed for "people who own nice bikes and ride them a lot", by founders who are as passionate about cycling as their customers are.
Bikmo was named Best Cycling Insurance Provider at the 2016 Insurance Choice Awards.
We've teamed up with Bikmo to offer Bought By Many members 10% off cycling insurance and exclusive offers from cycling retailers, join our cycling insurance group here.
You can learn more about cycling insurance with our cyclist's guide to insurance.
Overview of cover provided by Bikmo
Bikmo aims to provide comprehensive cover with features such as multi-bike discounts and cover for races.
There are a number of features that have been designed to be more cyclist-friendly than cover for bikes on home insurance policies. For example, it allows you to store your bike in your garage or shed without also securing the bike; other cycling and home policies may make you lock it through the frame. And Bikmo allows you to store your bike away from home for 24 hours, whereas other providers give you a 12-hour limit.
Bikmo will cover bikes up to £20,000 each and £40,000 total for all bikes.
The main benefits of cycling insurance cover with Bikmo are:
- New for old replacement
- Cover for competitions and worldwide travel
- Up to £2,000,000 public liability cover
- Theft, accidental and vandalism cover (restrictions apply)
- Up to £20,000 personal accident cover
- Bikes and kit are covered even when used by friends and family
- Breakdown cover up to the value of £150
- If you insure more than one bike, you will receive a 50% discount on the second bike
- A 15% no claims discount when you renew your policy
- Interest free monthly payments
- Cover for accessories, spares, clothing, headgear and bike boxes up to £250 or 10% of your total sum insured (whichever is greater)
- Emergency bike hire
- No excess for cycle claims above £1,000. Other claims are subject to a £100 excess
How much does insurance cover from Bikmo cost?
Cycling insurance premiums are affected by several factors, such as your postcode, the value of the bike you are insuring and the way in which you use your bike. That said, insuring a bike with a value of £1,000 starts from £9.36 a month (covering your kit may cost more).
You can get a quote with a 10% discount by joining our cycling insurance group.
What do Bikmo insurance customer reviews say?
Because Bikmo is a newcomer to the insurance market there aren't any customer reviews on websites like Trustpilot and Reviewcentre.com yet. However, on Bikmo's website it says they have 380 customer reviews with YOTPO, 93% of which rate them five star.
A quick Twitter search reveals lots of positive feedback:
@Tom_ON check out Bikmo. Not for house insurance but really competitive rates for bike insurance!— Sarah Hooper (@SazzleHooper) April 2, 2015
Impressive service from @bikmoplus not only is the price reasonable but they include DNA paint to mark bikes. Thieves, let's hav ya!— Ed Meyer (@epameyer) January 19, 2015
This article was independently written by Bought By Many. We were not paid to write it, but we may receive commission for sales that result from you clicking on a link to one of our partners.