Latest News: save 10% on your Touring Caravan Insurance quote when you join our free Touring Caravan Insurance group.
The best Touring Caravan Insurance of 2017
- 1st Caravan Guard
- 2nd Caravanwise, Club Care (The Camping and Caravanning Club), Coast Insurance, Crusader Insurance, NFU Mutual, Safeguard UK Insurance, Saga, Shield Total Insurance.
- 3rd The AA Caravan Insurance, E&L Insurance, The Caravan Club, Simple Caravan Insurance
In contrast to other types of insurance we have reviewed, there is a limited amount of independent research on the quality of caravan insurance policies. However, we looked at an independent financial researcher's comprehensive review of the policy features and benefits of each policy. This researcher awards each caravan insurance policy on our list a rating out of 5 Stars. We've also looked at reviews from Reviewcentre.com to create this list. Because there are not many reviews of these providers we've split them into 1st, 2nd and 3rd categories:
Caravan Guard pips the other 5 Star rated caravan insurance companies to first place thanks to a high number of positive reviews from its customers. It has an average score of 4.6 out of 5 from 599 reviews.
Meanwhile, The Caravan Club is in the third place category, despite receiving 5 Stars from an independent financial researcher, because Review Centre contains 19 largely unfavourable reviews from customers.
Top 10 Static Caravan Insurance 2017
We haven't yet started a group for Static Caravans, but the top 10 policies based on an independent financial researcher's ratings are as follows:
- 5 Stars: Caravanwise, Club Care, Compass Insurance, Leisuredays, National Association of Caravan Owners, Shield Total Insurance
- 4 Stars: The AA, Castle Cover, Coast, Intasure
Read on to learn more aboutt:
- The Best Touring Caravan Insurance policies of 2017
- The Best Static Caravan Insurance policies of 2017
- Caravan Insurance Comparison Websites
- What does Touring Caravan insurance cost?
- Your questions about Caravan Insurance
Caravan Insurance Comparison Websites
An alternative to going directly to each Caravan Insurance company for a quote is to compare caravan insurance using a website. This will enable you to compare the costs and policy features from a range of caravan insurance providers.
What's more, members of our Touring Caravan Insurance group can save 10% on quotes from Compare Caravan Insurance.
What does Touring Caravan Insurance Cost?
The average cost of insurance for a touring caravan is £150 per year, according to CETA.
However, it could be cheaper or more expensive than this amount based on a number of different factors. For example, insurance for a Vanroyce caravan might be as cheap as £60 per year, while insuring a Coachman caravan may cost more than £200 a year.
Factors that influence the cost of caravan insurance include:
- The model of caravan you have
- The security provisions you have made
- Where the caravan is kept (do you have a seasonal pitch?)
- The value of the caravan contents
- Your home postcode
- Your age
Your questions about Caravan Insurance
Do get in touch with any questions you might have about Caravan Insurance through our online Caravan Insurance Forum.