Latest News: save 10% on your Touring Caravan Insurance quote when you join our free Touring Caravan Insurance group.
Some of the best touring caravan insurance policies of 2020
- Caravan Guard - Touring caravan insurance
- Simple Caravan Insurance - Touring caravan insurance
- E&L Insurance - Vanguard 4
- Towergate - Touring caravan insurance
- Comfort insurance - Dusk touring caravan insurance
- Shield Total Insurance - Touring caravan insurance
- Safeguard - Caravan insurance
- Saga - Caravan insurance
- Caravanwise - Caravan insurance (touring)
- Club Care (The Camping and Caravanning Club) - Touring caravan insurance
- Lifesure Group - Evolce, Exceed and Freedom
- Coast Insurance - Touring caravan insurance
- NFU Mutual - Caravan insurance (Home&Lifestyle)
- Safeguard UK Insurance - Caravan insurance
In contrast to other types of insurance we have reviewed, there is a limited amount of independent research on the quality of caravan insurance policies.
However, we looked at an independent financial researcher's comprehensive review of the policy features and benefits of each policy. This researcher awards each caravan insurance policy on our list a rating out of 5 Stars. We've also looked at awards won by these companies to create this list, which is in no order.
Caravan Guard scores highly because of positive customer scores. It has an average score of 4.7 out of 5 from over 650 reviews. Shield Total has a score of 5 out of 5 on Reviewcentre.com; however, this is from just one review.
Meanwhile, E&L, despite receiving 3 Stars from an independent financial researcher, scores 0.8 out of a possible 5 from customers on Reviewcentre.com, based on 48 reviews.
The Best Static Caravan Insurance 2020
The top policies for static caravan insurance based on an independent financial researcher's ratings are as follows:
- Club Care
- National Association of Caravan Owners
- Shield Total Insurance
- Coast - Static holiday home (Brit)
- GoldPark - Caravan & Lodge Holiday Home Insurance
- Coast My Caravan
- My Caravan Insurance
Caravan Insurance Comparison Websites
An alternative to going directly to each Caravan Insurance company for a quote is to compare caravan insurance using a website. This will enable you to compare the costs and policy features from a range of caravan insurance providers.
What's more, members of our Touring Caravan Insurance group can save 10% on quotes from Compare Caravan Insurance.
How Much Does Touring Caravan Insurance Cost?
The average cost of insurance for a touring caravan is £150 per year, according to CETA.
However, it could be cheaper or more expensive than this amount based on a number of different factors. For example, insurance for a Vanroyce caravan might be as cheap as £60 per year, while insuring a Coachman caravan may cost more than £200 a year.
Remember, the best caravan insurance policy may not be the cheapest. Make sure the cover levels are appropriate for your needs.
Factors that influence the cost of caravan insurance include:
- The model of caravan you have
- The security provisions you have made
- Where the caravan is kept (do you have a seasonal pitch?)
- The value of the caravan contents
- Your home postcode
- Your age