Key policy benefits
- Kids covered free on a family policy
- A range of activities covered free
- Access to a 24 hour emergency helpline
Atlasdirect was founded in London in 1992. They provide a range of services relating to travel insurance and currently have more than 10 million customers.
Find out if Atlasdirect is included in our guide to the 10 best travel insurance providers.
Cover provided by Atlasdirect Travel Insurance
Atlasdirect provide Single Trip and Annual travel insurance. They also offer cover tailored to families (which includes all children under the age of 19).
The company’s Comprehensive cover includes:
- Up to £3,000 for cancellation, curtailment or trip interruption
- Up to £10,000,000 for medical emergency or repatriation
- Up to £1,000 for additional accommodation and travelling costs
- Up to £600 for missed departure (Outward journey only)
- Up to £200 for luggage delay (Outward journey only)
- Up to £250 for travel delay
- Up to £3,000 for holiday abandonment
- Up to £500 for money and travel documents
- Up to £2,000,000 for personal liability
- Up to £2,000 for luggage
- Up to £25,000 for personal accident
- Up to £500 for mugging
- Up to £1,000 for hijack
Customers can also opt for a Comprehensive Lite option, which doesn’t include cover for Baggage, but is a little cheaper. This option is available either with or without Cancellation and Curtailment cover, which also affects the price.
Cover for winter sports, adventure activity, golf, weddings, cruise and business is available for an added premium. However, Atlasdirect do cover a long list of activities for free (the full list can be found on their website).
The Comprehensive policy has a £75 excess.
Customers have access to a 24/7 emergency assistance helpline and UK call centres.
See what the best travel insurance policies include here.
How much does travel insurance cover from Atlasdirect Insurance cost?
The cost of travel insurance is affected by many different factors, such as the destination, length of stay, activities planned and the age and medical conditions of the person travelling.
That said, Atlasdirect have a Price Promise – if you find a Travel Insurance policy with the same level of cover cheaper elsewhere, they will refund you the difference, plus £1.
What do Atlasdirect Travel Insurance reviews from customers say?
On Reviewcentre.com Atlasdirect received 4.1 out of 5 stars, based on 355 reviews. 82% of customers who left reviews said they would recommend the service.
What do Atlasdirect Travel Insurance reviews from the experts say?
Independent financial researcher Defaqto has rated Atlasdirect’s Annual Comprehensive Gold, Silver and Bronze policies as 3 Star.
A Star Rating indicates where a product or proposition sits in the market based on the quality and comprehensiveness of the features it offers.
A 3 Star rated policy “has an average level of features and benefits”.