Key policy benefits:
- Up to three children covered free for every travelling adult
- Three levels of cover to choose from
- Over 80 sports and leisure activities covered for free
As a brand, Asda needs no introduction – the national supermarket chain offers more than just groceries, with George clothing and home products popular with shoppers. Asda also offers financial services, including credit cards, loans and insurance.
Click the link to see if Asda made it onto our list of the Top 10 travel insurance providers.
An overview of the cover provided by Asda Money Insurance
Asda has three levels of cover to choose from – Value, Premium and Superior.
Value cover includes:
- £1,000 cover for baggage
- £1,000 cancellation cover
- £20,000,000 for medical expenses
- £1,500 for scheduled airline failure
- £500 for missed departure
- £300 personal money cover
- £200 for winter sports cover (annual policy)
- A £100 excess applies
Premium cover includes:
- £1,300 cover for baggage
- £2,000 cancellation cover
- £25,000,000 for medical expenses
- £2,500 for scheduled airline failure
- £1,000 for missed departure
- £200 pet care cover
- £400 personal money cover
- £300 for winter sports cover (annual policy)
- A £70 excess applies
Superior cover includes:
- £2,000 cover for baggage
- £5,000 cancellation cover
- Unlimited cover for medical expenses
- £5,000 for scheduled airline failure
- £1,000 for missed departure
- £300 pet care cover
- £500 personal money cover
- £500 for winter sports cover (annual policy)
- A £50 excess applies
Up to £2,000,000 personal liability cover and £50,000 for legal expenses are available with all three levels of cover.
Annual policies are only available to those under 76, but there is no upper age limit of single trip policies. All policyholders must be over the age of 18 (though under-18s can be covered under family policies).
Specialist winter sports cover for skiing and snowboarding is also available as an add-on.
Customers have access to a 24-hour helpline.
Check out our guide to the best travel insurance companies to see how Asda compares to other companies.
Does Asda Money cover pre-existing medical conditions?
Asda does offer cover for some pre-existing conditions, subject to a medical screening. This can either be done through the online quote system, or by calling the company directly.
How much does travel insurance cover from Asda cost?
The cost of travel insurance is affected by many different factors, such as the age and existing medical conditions of the persons travelling, as well as the length of the trip, the destination and activities planned.
Get a personalised quote on the Asda travel insurance website.
Up to 3 kids are covered for free with every travelling adult and discounts are available to Asda credit card holders.
What do Asda Travel Insurance reviews by customer say?
There are not a lot of reviews for Asda Travel Insurance online.
On its own website, the company says it has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 for the quality of products and 4.6 out of 5 for value. The reviews are managed and checked for authenticity by Bazaarvoice.
What do Asda Travel Insurance reviews from the experts say?
Independent financial researcher Defaqto has rated Asda’s Superior Travel Insurance policy as 5 Star, the company’s Premium policy as 5 Star and its Value policy as 3 Star.
A Star Rating indicates where a product or proposition sits in the market based on the quality and comprehensiveness of the features it offers.
A 5 Star rated policy has “a comprehensive range of features and benefits” and a 3 Star rated policy has “an average level of features and benefits”.