Age UK is the largest charity in the UK dedicated to the over-60s. They offer a variety of services, including car, home and travel insurance. Their car insurance has no upper age limit, no cancellation fee and a 0% installment charge.
Overview of insurance cover provided by Age UK Car Insurance
Age UK only offer quotes for their Comprehensive car insurance cover online. Those who require Third Party, Fire and Theft cover or Third Party Only cover are requested to call the company directly to receive a quote.
All Age UK Car Insurance policies include the following:
- 0% APR on paying your premium monthly, instead of in one lump sum
- No upper age limit
- European cover for up to 180 days per year
- No hidden admin fees – such as cancellation fees, adjustment fees and direct debit fees
- 24-hour accident helpline
- Protected no claims discount option for those with at least 4 years no claims
- Third party liability up to £20,000,000
Age UK’s comprehensive car insurance policy also includes (exclusions apply – details on the Age UK website):
- Accidental damage to your car
- Personal accident and road rage
- Personal belongings up to £300 per incident
- Medical expenses up to £500 per person
- Guaranteed courtesy car (only if your car is stolen, written off or being repaired by an Age UK approved professional)
- Get You Home Service – will get you home in case your car is not roadworthy after an accident
Age UK also offer legal protection and breakdown cover for an additional cost.
How much does Age UK Car Insurance cost?
The cost of car insurance is affected by many different factors – such as the make and model of the car, its age and condition, mileage and the postcode it is kept in. The details of the driver, such as age and even profession, can also affect the cost of the premium.
On their website, Age UK say 10% of all new customers who took out an Age UK comprehensive car insurance policy between Feb 2017 and July 2017, paid £198.39 or less.
Additionally, with their 0% APR, Age UK make it easy to spread the cost of your car insurance policy to make it more affordable.
What do Age UK Car Insurance reviews by customers say?
On Reviewcentre.com Age UK has 9 reviews, with an overall score of 3.4 out of 5. Read what Age UK Car Insurance customers have to say about the product and service in more detail here.
What do Age UK Car Insurance reviews from the experts say?
Defaqto – an independent website providing reviews of financial services – gave Age UK Car Insurance 5 out of 5 Stars, making it ‘an excellent product with a comprehensive range of features and benefits’.