Age UK is the largest charity in the UK dedicated to the over-60s. In 2018 Age UK's Products & Services arm, which offers paid services such as insurance and funeral plans, changed its name to Age Co.
While Age UK can give advice on different issues, such as finance, health and work, Age Co offers actual finance products, including car, home and travel insurance. Its car insurance has no upper age limit and no cancellation or adjustment fees.
Check out our list of the best car insurance companies.
Overview of insurance cover provided by Age Co car insurance
- No upper age limit
- European cover for up to 180 days per year
- No hidden admin fees – such as cancellation fees, adjustment fees and direct debit fees
- Unlimited windscreen cover (comprehensive cover only)
- Protected no claims discount option for those with at least 4 years no claims
Age Co’s comprehensive car insurance policy also includes (exclusions apply – details on the Age Co website):
- Accidental damage to your car
- Personal accident and road rage
- Personal belongings up to £300 per incident
- Medical expenses up to £500 per person
- Guaranteed courtesy car (only if your car is stolen, written off or being repaired by an Age Co approved professional)
Age Co also offers legal protection and breakdown cover for an additional cost.
How much does Age Co car insurance cost?
The cost of car insurance is affected by many different factors – such as the make and model of the car, its age and condition, mileage and the postcode it is kept in. The details of the driver, such as age and even profession, can also affect the cost of the premium.
On their website, Age Co says 10% of all new customers who took out a comprehensive policy between March 2018 and August 2018 paid £187.62 or less.
What do Age Co Car Insurance reviews by customers say?
At the point of writing, Age Co Car Insurance score 4.6 out of 5 stars on Feefo.com based on over 1,130 reviews. In 2018 Age Co were one of the insurers awarded with Feefo's Gold Trusted Service.
What do Age Co Car Insurance reviews from the experts say?
Defaqto – an independent website providing reviews of financial services – gave Age Co Car Insurance 5 out of 5 Stars, making it ‘an excellent product with a comprehensive range of features and benefits’.