Key policy features
Three levels of cover available for single and multiple trips
Cover for emergency medical expenses of up to £20 million (available on Platinum policies)
If you’re injured or fall ill while on holiday, you can call Admiral's 24-hour Emergency Assistance Helpline, available in multiple languages
Get a 20% discount when you buy travel insurance through Admiral.com
Admiral is the trading name of EUI Limited, which was established in 1993 to offer car insurance. It now includes car, pet, life and home insurance policies in its range. Over the past 28 years, the Admiral Group has served more than 20 million policies to its vast customer base.
Admiral offers a range of travel insurance for single and multiple trips with add-on cover available for things like golf, winter sports, golf and cruise insurance. It has tailored packages for wedding and business travel, too.
It covers most countries and a wide range of specialist activities, including skiing, Scuba diving, windsurfing and canoeing.
The travel insurance is arranged and administered by Rock Insurance Services and is underwritten by Solid Forsakringar, a Swedish-based insurance company that is regulated by the Swedish FSA.
Find out if Admiral is one of our top 10 travel insurance providers and read more travel insurance reviews here.
Overview of cover
Admiral's single trip policy has the option of three levels of cover:
- Standard — Up to £10 million for emergency medical treatment, up to £1,000 for trip cancellations, £1,000 for loss or damage to personal belongings and £300 for lost money or documents. £100 excess applies.
- Admiral Gold — Up to £15 million for emergency medical treatment, up to £2,500 for trip cancellations, £1,500 for loss or damage to personal belongings and £400 for lost money or documents. £75 excess applies.
- Admiral Platinum — Up to £20 million for emergency medical treatment, up to £5,000 for trip cancellations, £2,500 for loss or damage to personal belongings and £500 for lost money or documents. £75 excess applies.
Cover for catastrophes including fire, storms and floods are all included as standard on Admiral’s Gold and Platinum policies. Please note that these instances are not covered on Admiral’s standard policies.
With Admiral’s single trip insurance, you can cover a single trip up to 365 days.
The current maximum age limit for Admiral's single trip policy and annual multi-trip insurance with Admiral is 70 years old. However, over 65s may not be able to get cover for certain sports or activities.
It is vital to notify your insurer about any pre-existing medical conditions because they may well affect your premium, or your ability to travel. Admiral has a reasonable list of accepted pre-existing medical conditions including arthritis, asthma and diabetes, provided customers can meet certain criteria.
Admiral travel insurance includes a cancellation fee so be sure to stop the auto-renewal or you could be locked into a more expensive policy or have to pay to cancel.
How much does Admiral travel insurance cost?
The cost of Admiral’s travel insurance will vary depending on the age of the traveller, the destination of the trip and pre-existing conditions will affect this price.
In the past, we’ve obtained the following example quotes from Admiral:
- For a 35-year-old male traveling to Spain for a week: Economy - £10.15, Standard - £11.95, Premier - £14.34
- For an annual worldwide policy for a couple in their early 60s: Economy - £75.44, Standard - £88.74, Premier - £106.48
However, current restrictions in place to do with the COVID-19 pandemic make it difficult to obtain a quote that accurately reflects the price you can expect to pay, as there are more mitigating factors than usual.
What do Admiral Travel Insurance customer reviews say?
There aren’t any online reviews of Admiral’s travel insurance. However, Admiral as a company has an average rating of 2.89 out of 5 from over 1,140 reviews on Reviews.co.uk.
Claims and queries are generally seen to be handled efficiently, professionally and courteously. It has won the best car insurance provider award at the Personal Finance Awards seven years consecutively, the latest being 2018/19.