Key policy features of Admiral car insurance:
- Unlimited cover for standard audiovisual equipment
- 24-hour emergency helpline
- Multi-car discount for multiple cars insured on one policy
Read on to learn more about:
- Third-party only -- Third-party only covers damage done to other drivers and/or their vehicle
- Third party fire and theft — Covers third-party damage along with the cost of replacing or repairing your vehicle if it’s stolen or damaged in an act of arson.
- Fully comprehensive — Covers damages to your car even if you’re at fault.
The most benefits are available through a comprehensive policy, which offers personal injury cover, named driver bonus, windscreen cover, personal belongings cover and European cover for up to 90 days. Most of these benefits can be added to third party and third party fire and theft policies for an added premium.
For their single car policy, Admiral claims that 10% of customers paid less than £265 between Jan and July 2021.
Admiral car insurance for young drivers, known as LittleBox, is Admiral’s "black box" policy. It offers benefits such as free theft-tracking and no curfews. Whilst there might not be a curfew, LittleBox may not work for you if you’re planning on driving late at night often.
Admiral's Black Box policy has the option to reduce insurance premiums by allowing drivers to demonstrate safe driving, which is monitored by a black box recording device installed in drivers’ vehicles.
However, to qualify for this kind of policy, the car needs to be worth at least £250, and you need to drive at least 1,900 miles annually. Your car must have been manufactured in the last 15 years.
Admiral is really well known for its focus on multi-car insurance deals, providing cover for several cars on one policy for a discounted price. Since 2005, Admiral has insured over 8 million vehicles with multi-car.
Admiral multi-car insurance policies offer a number of further benefits, such as replicated no claims discount (the amount of NCD from one car can be applied to subsequent cars) and general savings as further cars are added to the policy. A single policy date is applicable to all cars under multi-car cover, making it easy to keep track of renewals.
Every car in a multi-car policy gets its own discount. Cars don't have to be registered at the same address to be included in the same policy and earn a discount. So if you have friends or family that live separately from you, you could add their vehicles to your policy and they will be able to earn their own multi-car discount.
If a person insured on your policy claims or has a claim made against them only they're affected. You and none of the other policyholders won't be affected in any way, including no-claims discount. Each car gets its own no-claims discount that cannot be transferred to or affected by another policyholder.
You can get multi-car discount on your policy before insuring more than one car by letting Admiral know you will eventually be adding additional cars to your policy when getting a quote. Admiral says that you will receive your multi-car discount immediately and any other car you add to your policy in the future will earn its own multi-car discount.
You can get a quote for Admiral multi-car insurance here.
If you would like to get in touch with Admiral, you can visit their contact page at https://www.admiral.com/contact-us
If you would like to speak to someone in their customer services team, you can give them a call on 0333 220 2000.
Lines are open 8 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday, 10 am to 4 pm on Saturdays, and closed on Sundays.
Calls to 03 numbers will cost no more than calls to national geographic numbers (starting 01 or 02) from both mobiles and landlines.
You can also claim online on the Admiral website. You will be invited to fill out a claim form. Admiral says they will be in touch within 24.
The cost of an Admiral car insurance policy will depend on many factors, including the make and model of your car, your age, address and so on. The type of policy you choose will also have an impact on cost.
According to Admiral, 10% of customers paid less than £265 between Jan and July 2021.
Insuring several cars under a multi-car policy will offer better value than insuring them separately. Admiral states that you could save £239 with a multi-car policy; 10% of customers who provided a best alternative price saved £239 between Jan and July 2021
The cost of Admiral car insurance for young drivers LittleBox policy will depend greatly on your driving style – the better your driving, the cheaper the premium.
Customers who use Admiral’s insurance app can manage their insurance policy and receive discounts. 86% get a renewal discount! Based on customers who used the Admiral app to monitor their driving for at least 500 miles and renewed between Dec 2020 – May 2021
Compared to many car insurers, however, Admiral's policies are rather basic, offering you the option to add extras – for a price – that come as standard elsewhere. As such, customers should not expect to pay too high a premium price for its insurance.
According to Admiral, 97% of customers would buy from them again, based on 6,726 respondents between Jan and June 2021.
On Reviewcentre.com, Admiral car insurance scores 3.6/5 from over 2,400 customer reviews. Smart Money People has over 270 reviews of Admiral Car Insurance, rating it 4.03 out of 5 stars.
Admiral has been voted Best Car Insurance Provider for seven consecutive years at the Personal Finance Awards. The most recent win was in 2018/19.
1. £50 eGift when taking out Admiral Single Car Insurance via the link provided in the page. **Gift Card will not be rewarded if a saved quote is used. You must click the Gift Card link, generate a new quote and make your purchase immediately**.
2. eGifts are only available for new Admiral Insurance customers via online purchases and over the phone but NOT via webchat.
3. **You will receive your eGift within 90 days of your purchase.**
4. Together with your eGift email you will receive instructions on how to activate your reward. After receiving the instructions, **you will have 90 days to claim your reward** by sending it to your email or mobile phone.
5. Cancelled Policies will not be eligible for an eGift
6. Admiral holds the right to withdraw this offer if we believe that the terms of the offer are being abused in any way.
7. This promotion cannot be combined with any other offer, or promotion and may not be redeemed for cash.
8. eGifts should be treated like cash and kept securely. They cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
9. Please ensure that a quote obtained from a price comparison website is not used If you wish to be eligible for a reward. If a price comparison quote is retrieved once purchasing via this link, you will be unable to claim a reward.
10. If you have any questions about your eGift, please get in touch using our contact us page at www.admiral.com/contact-us
11. Admiral is a trading name of EUI Limited (Company Number 02686904) whose registered office is at Ty Admiral, David Street, Cardiff CF10 2EH (“the Promoter”).
12. This offer is open to all UK customers over the age of 18 who purchase a new insurance policy from Admiral Insurance via the partner site
13. The policy must be in force for a minimum of 14 days in order to qualify for the offer.
14. The customer should expect to receive the Voucher after 90 days of their policy purchase date.
15. To be eligible for the offer customers must click the offer link to generate a policy quote and must purchase the policy immediately using that quote. Maximum of one Voucher per household. Price comparison quotes that are accepted or retrieved will result in no voucher being awarded.
16. Vouchers will only be paid if the insurance policy is purchased via the offer link on the partner site.
17. The promotor reserves the right to withdraw, modify or terminate this offer in whole or in part in the event that it is necessary to do so.
18. The terms and conditions of this offer do not alter or vary the terms and conditions of any Admiral Insurance policy which may be purchased.
19. Applications for insurance policies provided by Admiral are subject to its normal terms and conditions including its underwriting criteria. The promoter reserves the right to decline any application for any insurance policy at its absolute discretion and is not obliged to disclose any reason for rejection. In these cases the customer will not be eligible to receive the Voucher.
20. Any fraudulent activity or abuse relating to the receipt and use of the Voucher may result in the forfeiture of the Voucher and termination of the insurance policy.
21. The promoter is not liable for any Vouchers that are lost, stolen, or unused unless these are caused by the partner sites negligence.
22. These terms and conditions are to be governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
23. Admiral will share your email address with Gift Cloud in order to arrange payment of the Voucher. Any personal data provided to Gift Cloud by Admiral will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation.
24. Offer available from 06/05/21-31/12/21
a. Vouchers are not available for any Admiral Group brand car policy renewals (including any other Admiral Group brands including Diamond, Elephant or Bell).
b. Vouchers will only be paid for new policy purchases made within the UK.
c. If the policy is cancelled by the customer or Admiral within 14 days of the policy start date, the customer will not be eligible to receive the Voucher.
d. The Voucher will only be payable if the insurance premium is paid in full, or if monthly direct debit payments are kept up to date.
e. Vouchers will not be payable if a saved quote is used to purchase a policy. Customers must click the offer link in order to generate a new quote and purchase their new policy immediately.
f. This offer is not to be used in conjunction with any other Admiral offers, offers, vouchers or discount codes unless listed on this page, or with any other discounts such as staff or student discounts.
g. Vouchers may not be paid on VAT, delivery, card payment fees, taxes or any other additional charges.
h. Price comparison quotes must not be accepted or retrieved as this will result in a declined reward.
Amazon.co.uk is not a sponsor of this offer. Amazon.co.uk e-vouchers may be redeemed on the Amazon.co.uk website towards the purchase of eligible products listed in their online catalogue and sold by Amazon.co.uk or any other seller selling through Amazon.co.uk. The voucher cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any other account. Neither Amazon.co.uk nor EUI Limited is responsible if an e-voucher is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission. See www.amazon.co.uk/gc-legal for complete terms and conditions. Vouchers are issued by Amazon EU S.à r.l. All Amazon ®, ™ & © are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. Affiliates.