Key policy features
- Specialist cover for pre-existing medical conditions
- Medical expenses up to £10m
- Cover for winter sports available
Find out if Able2Travel made it into our list of the best travel insurance for medical conditions.
Or, read on to learn more about:
- What types of insurance does Able2Travel offer?
- How easy is it to get a quote from Able2Travel?
- How much does insurance from Able2Travel cost?
- Does Able2Travel cover over 65s, 70s and 80s?
- Does Able2Travel cover terminal conditions?
- Are discount codes available for Able2Travel?
- Customer reviews of Able2Travel
- Expert reviews Able2Travel
- How to make a claim
- Other insurance available from Able2Travel
What types of insurance does Able2Travel offer?
Able2Travel is a specialist travel insurance provider, offering cover for people with pre-existing medical conditions, including cancer, heart conditions and stroke.
Able2Travel has two levels of travel insurance to choose from:
This policy includes: £5m medical cover, £1,500 for cancellation/curtailment/loss of holiday, £15,000 for personal accident resulting in loss or sight/limbs or permanent total disablement, up to £5,000 death benefit, £750 for missed departure, £1,500 for baggage, £1,000 for loss or damage of medical aids, £250 for loss or damage of prescribed medication, £500 for personal money (£150 cash limit, £50 for under 18s), £250 for loss of passport, £1m personal liability cover and £10,000 for legal expenses .
Excess fees of £20-£100 apply to some claims (up to £130 for over 65s).
This policy includes: £10m medical cover, £3,000 for cancellation/curtailment/loss of holiday, £30,000 for personal accident resulting in loss or sight/limbs or permanent total disablement, up to £10,000 death benefit, £1,500 for missed departure, £3,000 for baggage, £2,000 for loss or damage of medical aids, £500 for loss or damage of prescribed medication, £1,000 for personal money (£300 cash limit, £50 for under 18s), £500 for loss of passport, £2m personal liability cover, £20,000 for legal expenses and £3,000 for catastrophe and travel disruption cover.
Excess fees of £20-£35 apply to some claims (up to £130 for over 65s).
Wintersports cover is included as standard for all annual multi-trip policies but requires an extra premium for single-trip policies. This extension includes cover for ski equipment (including piste closure).
Cruise, golf and long stay extensions are also available.
See how Able2Travel compares to other providers in our list of the best travel insurance companies.
How easy is it to get a quote from Able2Travel?
There are three options available for getting a quote from Able2Travel:
- Filling out the online quote form. This can be a confusing and inefficient process. You have to put in basic details like age and dates of cover first, then you get a quote. After choosing the type of cover you would like (Standard or Double) you are asked whether you want to add any extensions (golf, cruise, etc.) and then you go through the medical questionnaire. But for some medical conditions, it is unable to give you a quote online. If you have a medical condition and wish to get a quote from Able2Travel, it is recommended you contact them by one of the alternative methods listed below
- Calling 01892 839 501 for a quote (lines are open Monday-Friday - 09:00-17:30 and Saturday - 9:00-17:00)
- Completing a call-back request form online and a specialist will call you back (usually within the hour on weekdays)
How much does cover from Able2Travel cost?
The cost of travel insurance varies widely depending on the personal details of the person travelling, the duration of the trip and the destination.
As Able2Travel specialises in offering cover for pre-existing medical conditions, providing a useful quote prediction is even harder, as each traveller’s specific conditions are likely to affect the cost of the premium.
Does Able2Travel cover over 65s, 70s and 80s?
Single trip policies cover passengers up to the age of 85 (at the time of departure) and multi-trip insurance covers people up to the age of 74.
The maximum days per trip allowed for people over the age of 65 is 45 days, and 31 days for those over the age of 80 (184 days is the maximum for people aged 64 and under).
The maximum age for winter sports cover is 79.
Does Able2Travel cover terminal conditions?
No. You may still be able to get cover through Able2Travel if you have a terminal diagnosis, but any claims related directly or indirectly to this condition will not be included.
Are discounts available for insurance from Able2Travel?
We were not able to find discount codes for Able2Travel Insurance on third-party websites, but the company does offer some discounts for couples and families, as well as special rates for single-parent families. Kids under 2 travel free.
Able2Travel customer reviews
On Feefo, Able2Travel received 4.8 out of 5 stars, based on over 320 reviews in the past year.
Expert reviews of Able2Travel
Fairer Finance has given Able2Travel’s Standard policy 3 out of 5 stars and its Double policy 4 out of 5 stars (for both single trip and annual multi-trip).
Independent financial researcher Defaqto rated Able2Travel’s Double policy as 5 Star and its Standard policy as 3 Star (for both single trip and annual multi-trip).
A Star Rating indicates where a product or proposition sits in the market based on the quality and comprehensiveness of the features it offers.
A 5 Star rated policy has “an excellent product with a comprehensive range of features and a 3 Star rated policy has “an average level of features and benefits”.
How to make a claim
To make a claim under your Able2Travel insurance policy, you must contact the company’s claim settling agency as soon as you become aware of the need to claim.
You can do this by calling: 01702 746 560, emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by submitting a claim online: www.submitaclaim.co.uk/a2t.
You will need to quote the reference VOY/A2T/2017 when making your claim.
Other services available from Able2Travel
Able2Travel is a specialist provider of travel insurance for people with pre-existing medical conditions, and offers no other types of insurance.