Senior Actuarial Analyst
As our new Senior Actuarial Analyst, you will be a key figure in driving the evolution and growth of Bought By Many - one of the Europe’s most successful insurtechs. As part of the wider global Commercial team, you’ll support and innovate processes across our Pet insurance books, both in the UK and Sweden and further afield as we grow internationally.
In this role we're looking for someone with deep expertise In technical modelling (General Linearised Modelling) who can deep-dive Into our Claims data. You’ll be at the heart of our Actuarial team and very closely aligned with Data Science as well as Insurance Product, Claims, Tech and Marketing in our rapidly evolving business.
This is an Actuarial role that is truly immersive across the business. There is significant opportunity to engage with all aspects of BBM and to develop technical skills in data science and product development, as well as opportunity to gain exposure to wider parts of the business. It's not one to be missed!
- Ownership of GLM for our Claims data, supporting the Pricing and Reserving activities for the UK, Sweden, and other new territories.
- Creating Pricing models with a focus on demand modelling and elasticity, ensuring automation within these and their data.
- Assisting with Reserving quarterly deep dives into methodology, assumptions and development patterns.
- Communicating results effectively to realise business gains from valuable insight.
- Ensuring quality and accuracy in reserving output and recognising (and acting) on trends seen within pet insurance.
- Building a strong relationship with our underwriting partners to deliver an accurate assessment of Bought by Many’s performance as an MGA: ensuring high levels of trust and mutual success.
- Supporting technical enhancement to our processes with an opportunity to advance the use of open-source software and new techniques.
- Delivering a transparent reporting and management information and partnering with the team to deliver information for our Board, Investor packs and monthly Finance meetings. Providing input into the scope and breadth of our analytics and diagnostic tools.
- Supporting development of enhanced claims analytics, frequency/severity and peril analysis and support tech initiatives around the business, including claims automation and fraud detection.
What Leads to Success
Here are a few of the skills we are looking for in this position. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box as it’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- You are curious - you like to keep up to date with technical developments in the insurance industry.
- You're detail focused, analytical, and able to communicate outputs clearly and simply.
- You'll be commercially minded - with a consumer conscience.
- People describe you as a self-starter and someone who enjoys both informing and making recommendations.
- You take pride in your delivery and output - you enjoy going beyond the basics.
- You can build good relationships with a range of stakeholders; you are confident communicating your ideas to any audience and can effectively influence decisions.
- Commercial experience in an actuarial or data science. You have likely been an Actuarial Analyst within direct or aggregator-led, personal lines Insurance.
- You'll understand the key actuarial principles behind Pricing and Reserving.
- You have experience with GLM and enjoy statistical modelling - and the flexibility this approach gives you.
- Owing to the nature of the role, we will need you to have a degree-level qualification (or equivalent) in Mathematics, Science, Engineering or a related degree.
- You'll know Excel, and any experience in SQL/other coding languages would be a big plus.
- Ideally, you will bring an understanding of the dynamics of personal lines insurance (pet insurance experience an advantage, but not essential!)
Bought By Many and ManyPets are making the world a better place for pet parents. Award-winning innovative technology and exceptional customer service are at the heart of our offer: we now rank 30th on the Tech Track 100 (2020) and we won the Insurance Choice Awards (2020) for both Best Pet Insurance Provider and Innovation of the Year.
We’re proud to be driving unprecedented change in insurance and have doubled our revenues annually for the last 4 years with more ambitious growth still to come. Our latest Series D funding round was $350m which values us at $2bn. All this was made possible by the hard work from our incredible colleagues around the world; and we’re excited to embark on the next stage in our journey.
Our company is fast-paced, respectful, fun-loving and (most importantly) passionate about pets and their well-being. We think big and we can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people with different lived experiences and backgrounds, bringing their whole self to work every day. Throughout the business, you will meet people who think differently, aim for impact, and love to try new things.
Our physical offices are modern, bright and open - with plenty of treats and great facilities. We provide practical support coupled with best-In-breed kit for homeworking. Since the pandemic, we have been working remotely and as such we'll need you to have a reliable internet connection with a minimum download speed of 50 Mbps and at least 10 Mbps upload speed. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please get in touch with us.