We're on an impressive journey to make the world a better place for pet-parents and we need you to help us build the Global Pet Health Platform of the future! We have ambitious growth goals and as such, this role will be a pivotal part of our continued success as a crucial enabler for our growth in the UK, Sweden, the US and beyond.
As our Data Scientist, you’ll build, maintain and extend data science products to support different areas of our business. Working as part of the wider Data Science team, we’ll look to you to assess ideas and opportunities – share your insights to the rest of the business. You’re someone who can communicate complex technical concepts to a range of people across our global business (some who are very technical, others who are less so) and who brings an excellent understanding of modern data science techniques.
Inclusion at Bought By Many
We're a fast-paced organisation and when you join us, we guarantee that you'll achieve a lot and grow both professionally and personally in the time you spend with us. We'd also like to take a moment to let you know that we are committed to inclusive hiring within our EDP community. It's not just a "nice to have" or fancy corporate jargon - it's something we want to challenge so we can change the demographic imbalance in our industry.
We appreciate that juggling commitments outside of work can be difficult and a barrier to helping great talent from under-represented groups find the right career opportunity. If you would love to work with us and require some flexibility in your working pattern, please let us know and it's our promise to you that however whatever your circumstances - we'll do our best to accommodate your needs and remove any systemic barriers to ensure a fair and equitable experience.
- Working with stakeholders across the business to understand KPIs and deliver actionable insights and proposals for data-driven decision making.
- Performing analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights on user behaviour that will help drive product and design decisions.
- Performing time series analysis to deliver mid and long-term forecasting of business relevant figures (sales, service calls etc.)
- Creating ML or statistical models that allow to Improve conversion, customer retention and/or customer satisfaction.
- Bringing the ML models from design to production, Impacting the day-to-day performance of the business and steering accordingly.
- Analysing our customer and operational database along with other data sets to provide commercial insight for our diverse teams.
- Provide regular, ad-hoc and project-based support on the use of our analytical tools.
What Leads to Success
Here are a few of the skills we are looking for in this position. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box as it’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Data science is your heart and soul. You're not led astray by your ideas or the ideas of your teammates - you’re grounded in logic, maths and statistics.
- You value diversity and are sensitive to different environments and cultures.
- You make change happen by working well with others, building rapport with ease and integrity.
- You have honed your interpersonal skills and are confident when working closely with non-technical stakeholders
- You're curious. You want to know more about our industry and how your work adds commercial value to our company.
- You've likely worked as a Data Scientist before, with hands-on experience of statistical data analysis, data visualisation and business storytelling.
- You bring demonstrable experience designing, building, testing and maintaining ML models to solve business problems
- Proficient programming skills and data wrangling, using Python.
- You are familiar with how models are deployed in production environments.
- You have worked with a Cloud DB provider: GCP, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Mongo, Azure.
- You’re happy working with Agile or Kanban methodologies.
Bought By Many and ManyPets are making the world a better place for pet parents. Award-winning innovative technology and exceptional customer service are at the heart of our offer: we now rank 30th on the Tech Track 100 (2020) and we won the Insurance Choice Awards (2020) for both Best Pet Insurance Provider and Innovation of the Year.
We’re proud to be driving unprecedented change in insurance and have doubled our revenues annually for the last 4 years with more ambitious growth still to come. Our latest Series D funding round was $350m which values us at $2bn. All this was made possible by the hard work from our incredible colleagues around the world; and we’re excited to embark on the next stage in our journey.
Our company is fast-paced, respectful, fun-loving and (most importantly) passionate about pets and their well-being. We think big and we can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people with different lived experiences and backgrounds, bringing their whole self to work every day. Throughout the business, you will meet people who think differently, aim for impact, and love to try new things.
Our physical offices are modern, bright and open - with plenty of treats and great facilities. We provide practical support coupled with best-In-breed kit for homeworking. Since the pandemic, we have been working remotely and as such we'll need you to have a reliable internet connection with a minimum download speed of 50 Mbps and at least 10 Mbps upload speed. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please get in touch with us.