Claims Team Leader
Lead a team of claims handlers, to help BBM deliver a World Class Claims service. Ensure regulatory requirements are always met. Monitor and deliver BBM performance targets. Work with the Claims team to help build a continual improvement culture, one where the team search out improvement opportunities and are passionate about delivering excellence in everything they touch. Help the team develop and grow as claims handlers.
Note: This role is categorised as an Insurance Distribution role by the FCA and works under the FCA’s SM&CR and Conduct Rules
- Lead a team who handle pet claims from notification to settlement, validating policy cover and the claim, to ensure fraud controls and claims processes are followed and quality is delivered at every touchpoint.
- Ensure your team carry out required investigations to ensure all relevant documents and information have been evaluated prior to the decision on the claim. You will also personally deal with a small volume of material damage and liability claims.
- Complete claims payment authorisations and quality audits to deliver a quality claims service, provide constructive guidance to team members and recognise high standards of service achieved.
- Using our data, identify and share awareness of potential trends, issues or risks and escalate appropriately to deliver customer service and claim financials in line with SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Implement company, legal and regulatory (FCA) policies and procedures to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Handle complaints constructively and in line with company and FCA guidelines, handling difficult queries or situations appropriately to ensure prompt resolution.
- Collaborate with colleagues to analyse and understand the RCA on customer complaints and use learnings to improve our processes, products, and services.
- Support and contribute feedback to the design and implementation of internal processes and systems to help improve customer experience and maximise accuracy and efficiency.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the company to promote awareness of customer needs.
- Maintain accurate and timely records, files, and databases to meet business needs and ensure data integrity and compliance with Data Protection requirements.
- Coach and support and develop Claim team members to deliver operational targets and provide a world class claims service.
- Share knowledge and expertise and help to coach colleagues and our team to provide adequate cross-cover and maintain a quality customer service during annual leave and other absence and most importantly help with BBM development.
- Work with team members to set individual objectives and personal development plans to manage and drive performance.
- Maintain good team communications through daily, weekly updates both remotely and in person.
- Assist in recruitment and development onboarding by organising and overseeing high quality on-boarding and training plans to enable quick integration into the business and achieve good learning and performance outcomes.
What Leads to Success
Here are a few of the skills we are looking for in this position. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box as it’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Maintain and improve positive customer satisfaction results: FEEFO and NPS
- Operational targets: OKR’s and KPI’s
- Regulatory and compliance requirements achieved
- Quality assurance measured and feedback loops in place
- Monthly one to ones with the team who have objectives set and solid feedback loops
- Your individual and your team development
- Positive employee engagement survey results
- High quality of data quality and integrity maintained
- Resolution of customer complaints
- Effective relationships are built and maintained with customers, colleagues, suppliers and third parties
- Excellent knowledge in regulation and FCA requirements
- Good knowledge and understanding of pet health
- Strong understanding of the value and impact of services provided
- Pet insurance claims assessment and case review experience
- Knowledge of insurers, brokers and insurance products and how they work
- Financial risk and crime (including anti-bribery and anti-fraud provisions)
- Confidentiality requirements in relation to customer / personal data
- Use of management information and performance data
- Maintains own professional and technical knowledge
- Good listening skills: questioning, summarising and reflecting with empathy
- High accuracy, quality, and attention to detail in documentation and record-keeping
- Highly focused on customers and our ongoing relationship with them
- Performance management: objectives, reviews, use of effective feedback
- Experience of managing teams, ideally in a claims environment
- In-depth experience in handling general insurance claims, preferably pet claims, authorising payments and implementing quality controls
- CII qualified (minimum FIT level qualification)
- Desirable: To have worked in a veterinary practice as a registered veterinary nurse
Bought By Many and ManyPets are making the world a better place for pet parents. Award-winning innovative technology and exceptional customer service are at the heart of our offer: we now rank 30th on the Tech Track 100 (2020) and we won the Insurance Choice Awards (2020) for both Best Pet Insurance Provider and Innovation of the Year.
We’re proud to be driving unprecedented change in insurance and have doubled our revenues annually for the last 4 years with more ambitious growth still to come. Our latest Series D funding round was $350m which values us at $2bn. All this was made possible by the hard work from our incredible colleagues around the world; and we’re excited to embark on the next stage in our journey.
Our company is fast-paced, respectful, fun-loving and (most importantly) passionate about pets and their well-being. We think big and we can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people with different lived experiences and backgrounds, bringing their whole self to work every day. Throughout the business, you will meet people who think differently, aim for impact, and love to try new things.
Our physical offices are modern, bright and open - with plenty of treats and great facilities. We provide practical support coupled with best-In-breed kit for homeworking. Since the pandemic, we have been working remotely and as such we'll need you to have a reliable internet connection with a minimum download speed of 50 Mbps and at least 10 Mbps upload speed. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please get in touch with us.