Customer Support Team Leader (USA)
You’ll be one of first on the ground in our new Customer Support operation, helping to set the standards and build the culture as we grow. You’ll recruit, train, manage and support your own team to deliver an awesome customer experience, backed by expertise and technology that’s second to none. This is an exceptional opportunity to work in the freedom and innovation of a start-up setting with the security and support of our parent company behind you.
Your key responsibilities
Supervise and support team members in delivering operational targets and provide “best in class” customer service.
- Prioritize supporting team members on a day to day basis to resolve queries, build knowledge and confidence, and achieve quality and compliance standards.
- Ensure customer support is delivered to comply with company policies, state regulations, and Department of Insurance regulations.
- Publish monthly staff schedules to ensure appropriate coverage across multiple time zones.
- Maintain good team communications through daily/weekly updates and leading regular team meetings to ensure all team members are aware of team and product performance.
- Anticipate staffing requirements to maintain customer service levels and quality standards.
- Recruit, train, and retain customer service agents, to support the launch of ManyPets pet insurance.
- Create and maintain all relevant training materials so that the team is kept up to date and applies consistent standards of accuracy and quality.
- Complete quality audits of policyholder interactions in order to drive on-going quality improvements.
- In partnership with team members, set individual objectives to manage and drive performance.
- Regularly review and coach team members against individual work and personal development goals to support motivation and retention.
- Provide support to policyholders to promptly resolve questions and complaints.
- Liaise effectively and collaboratively with colleagues across the company to support company and department initiatives.
- Provide feedback for development of new products by the Product team.
- Champion product and process improvements to benefit the overall customer experience.
- Live ManyPets core values daily with authenticity.
How you’re measured
- Achieving customer service goals, including individual agent and department goals.
- Ensure effective relationships are built and maintained.
- Maintain excellent customer satisfaction results as measured by NPS.
- Cross-channel Service Level Agreements / standards are achieved.
- Regulatory and compliance requirements are always met.
- Quality assurance requirements are met.
- Achieving employee hiring and retention targets.
- Timely delivery of agreed objectives.
- Positive employee engagement survey results.
- Strong understanding of the value and impact of pet insurance on the health and well-being of our policyholder’s pets.
- Understanding of contact center/call center best practices and service level agreements.
- Understanding of insurance regulations relevant to the role.
- Awareness of financial risk / crime (including anti-bribery and anti-fraud provisions).
- Knowledge of product content and policy wording.
- Knowledge of underwriting principles and risk assessment.
- Basic veterinary knowledge a plus but not required
- Performance management: sets realistic and attainable objectives, reviews, and provides constructive feedback.
What You Bring:
- Good listening skills: questioning, summarizing, and reflecting with empathy.
- Accurate and insightful data analysis and reporting.
- Ability to leverage reporting to improve customers service and financial results.
- Effectively operate a personal computer and software for business activities.
- Solid experience in a team leader/management level role.
- Strong insurance customer service experience across multiple channels and ideally in pet or health product lines.
- Licensed as a property and casualty insurance producer and adjuster or be able to obtain within first 30 days.
Bought By Many and ManyPets are making the world a better place for pet parents. Award-winning innovative technology and exceptional customer service are at the heart of our offer: we now rank 30th on the Tech Track 100 (2020) and we won the Insurance Choice Awards (2020) for both Best Pet Insurance Provider and Innovation of the Year.
We’re proud to be driving unprecedented change in insurance and have doubled our revenues annually for the last 4 years with more ambitious growth still to come. Our latest Series D funding round was $350m which values us at $2bn. All this was made possible by the hard work from our incredible colleagues around the world; and we’re excited to embark on the next stage in our journey.
Our company is fast-paced, respectful, fun-loving and (most importantly) passionate about pets and their well-being. We think big and we can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people with different lived experiences and backgrounds, bringing their whole self to work every day. Throughout the business, you will meet people who think differently, aim for impact, and love to try new things.
Our physical offices are modern, bright and open - with plenty of treats and great facilities. We provide practical support coupled with best-In-breed kit for homeworking. Since the pandemic, we have been working remotely and as such we'll need you to have a reliable internet connection with a minimum download speed of 50 Mbps and at least 10 Mbps upload speed. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please get in touch with us.