This is an exciting opportunity to make this brand-new role your own. You should be inspired by a fast-paced environment and the opportunity to create and deliver training - both initial on-boarding and ongoing - to help create a ‘world class claims team’ and deliver amazing customer service and financial controls and help individuals fulfill their potential.
You will be a key link between Claims Management and the People team, helping to ensure our Claims people receive fantastic training throughout their career at Bought By Many. We have multiple roles whose scope and function will continue to develop and, as these tasks and responsibilities evolve, it will be your job to ensure our people have all the training they need to succeed.
- Work with Claims Management, Team Leaders and the People team to build and support the delivery of our Claims learning and development plans at all sites including third party administrators
- Create, develop and deliver a relevant curriculum of learning, training content and resources for new and existing Claim colleagues through a wide range of technical solutions.
- Create / develop onboarding content and resources to provide high quality relevant and accessible content and ensure new colleagues have a positive start to their career at BBM.
- Maintain awareness of different learning style preferences and abilities and adapt approaches as necessary in order to design and deliver training in an inclusive way.
- Create learning evaluation and assessment tools and support evaluation processes, to help Team Leaders with feedback, performance management, and career progression proposals.
- Working with the People team, guide and signpost colleagues to other resources to address wider development needs.
- Work with the claims management team to create broad cross-skilling and upskilling plans across the team that meet service delivery and financial control objectives.
- Work with others across the business to create and communicate timely and accurate learning content to equip the team to deal effectively with business and process changes.
- Liaise with Subject Matter Experts across the business to understand current and near-future activities and translate this into meaningful learning and communications content.
- Provide documented and well-evidenced feedback on individuals’ development in order to assist Team Leaders in performance and development reviews and 121s.
- Liaise with Team Leaders to schedule learning so as to minimise service disruption.
- Review QA results and reports to identify and individual and team skills gaps and agree plans to address them.
- Work with Team Leaders to maintain the departmental training/skills matrix and ensure its completion in accordance with FCA regulations.
- Monitor and ensure the claim people have completed relevant compliance courses, including annual refresher courses, to meet requirements. This includes owning the claims compliance training portal.
- Drive on-going quality improvements by reviewing Standard Operating Procedures and process tools to achieve high levels of service quality, efficiency and productivity.
- Work with the People team to feed in large-scale communal learning needs and help identify content suitable for Operations team use in wider personal development.
- Onboarding completed for all new claims people, including compliance assessments.
- Trainee progress accurately recorded with evidence against skill matrix and other reports.
- Training materials including the claim handling guides and all other resources are up to date and accurate.
- Regulatory and compliance requirements are met.
- Effective communication with all stakeholders on employees’ progress and skills gaps.
- Creation of training curriculums and associated materials to be delivered in a blended delivery model with a focus on video content on LMS system
- In-depth knowledge of general claim operating procedures
- Strong understanding of FCA training and competence requirements in a claims context
- Training design principles, including needs analysis, learning styles and evaluation methods
- Understanding of challenges to learning (literacy, learning difficulty, dyslexia, etc.)
- Strategies to improve performance to the required level.
- Learning resources and where to find them
What you bring
- Passion about learning and helping others fulfill their potential
- Diagnose training / learning needs accurately and objectively
- Ability to create clear written training content to a brief and pitch it appropriately
- Ability to deliver content to people in person or remotely to groups / individuals with an engaging and flexible approach
- Ability to create the best results for individual learners
- Ability to create video and other online content / media
- Skills to evaluate achievement and provide constructive feedback, both positive and critical
- Ability to create, deliver and evaluate structured training in a claims environment
- A successful career in operational roles within a general insurance team
- Use of gamification / apps in delivering learning is a bonus
- Holds a relevant training / teaching qualification or is prepared to study for it (e.g. CIPD Level 3 Diploma, City and Guilds Level 3 Certificate)
- CII preferable
Bought By Many and ManyPets are making the world a better place for pet parents. Award-winning innovative technology and exceptional customer service are at the heart of our offer: we now rank 30th on the Tech Track 100 (2020) and we won the Insurance Choice Awards (2020) for both Best Pet Insurance Provider and Innovation of the Year.
We’re proud to be driving unprecedented change in insurance and have doubled our revenues annually for the last 4 years with more ambitious growth still to come. Our latest Series D funding round was $350m which values us at $2bn. All this was made possible by the hard work from our incredible colleagues around the world; and we’re excited to embark on the next stage in our journey.
Our company is fast-paced, respectful, fun-loving and (most importantly) passionate about pets and their well-being. We think big and we can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people with different lived experiences and backgrounds, bringing their whole self to work every day. Throughout the business, you will meet people who think differently, aim for impact, and love to try new things.
Our physical offices are modern, bright and open - with plenty of treats and great facilities. We provide practical support coupled with best-In-breed kit for homeworking. Since the pandemic, we have been working remotely and as such we'll need you to have a reliable internet connection with a minimum download speed of 50 Mbps and at least 10 Mbps upload speed. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please get in touch with us.