Joining our fast-growing Operations team, this role plays an important part in helping achieve our aim to provide a ‘world class claims service’. As part of our Claims team you will help our customers through the claims process and ensure our claims are handled quickly, with the customer at the heart of everything we do. You will provide claims validation and support for our customers, to ensure service and compliance standards are met and financial and operational targets are achieved.
- Handling pet claims from notification to settlement, validating policy cover and the claim. You will ensure fraud controls and claims processes are followed. Delivering quality at every touch. Carry out required investigations to ensure all relevant documents and information have been evaluated prior to the decision on the claim. You will also deal with a small volume of material damage and liability claims.
- Delivering customer service and claim financials in line with SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Implementing company, legal and regulatory (FCA) policies and procedures to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Handling complaints constructively and in line with company and FCA guidelines, referring to the manager when a solution cannot be found, so that clear action is in hand and the customer is aware, escalating any unusual or difficult queries or situations appropriately to ensure prompt resolution.
- Identifying, supporting and contributing feedback to the design and implementation of internal processes and systems to help improve customer experience and maximise accuracy and efficiency. Work collaboratively with colleagues across the company to promote awareness of customer needs.
- Maintaining accurate and timely records, files and databases in order to meet business needs and ensure data integrity and compliance with Data Protection requirements.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise and help to coach colleagues to provide adequate cross-cover and maintain a quality customer service during annual leave and other absence and most importantly help with BBM development.
- Identifying and sharing awareness of potential trends, issues or risks and escalate appropriately (through using our data.)
- As your experience grows with us, we'll work with you to complete payment authorisation and QA for L1&2 claims handlers.
What Leads to Success
Here are a few of the skills we are looking for in this position. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box as it’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- High emotional intelligence: you'll need plenty of empathy and compassion for this particular role.
- You've got a customer-centric mindset, thriving on getting the best outcomes for our policyholders.
- You're the sort of person who is flexible and adaptable - and not fazed by change or ambiguity.
- You'll have strong verbal and written communication skills - coupled with a professional telephone manner.
- Your colleagues know you as being accurate with strong attention to detail.
- You've got exceptional active-listening skills: questioning, summarising, and reflecting with empathy.
- A quick learner who is not afraid to ask for help.
- You'll remain calm and unflustered under pressure, taking ownership of issues with a positive attitude.
- Experience within a customer service role (experience of telephone, email and online support) where you've validated claims.
- Understand Claims handling practices and processes, including regulation and FCA requirements.
- Excellent communication skills in English - both written and verbal.
- An understanding or appreciation of pet health and wellness. (It would be advantageous if you've worked in a pet claims unit or a vet surgery as a registered vet nurse.)
- Ideally you'll have CII FIT - but this isn't essential.
Bought By Many and ManyPets are making the world a better place for pet parents. Award-winning innovative technology and exceptional customer service are at the heart of our offer: we now rank 30th on the Tech Track 100 (2020) and we won the Insurance Choice Awards (2020) for both Best Pet Insurance Provider and Innovation of the Year.
We’re proud to be driving unprecedented change in insurance and have doubled our revenues annually for the last 4 years with more ambitious growth still to come. Our latest Series D funding round was $350m which values us at $2bn. All this was made possible by the hard work from our incredible colleagues around the world; and we’re excited to embark on the next stage in our journey.
Our company is fast-paced, respectful, fun-loving and (most importantly) passionate about pets and their well-being. We think big and we can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people with different lived experiences and backgrounds, bringing their whole self to work every day. Throughout the business, you will meet people who think differently, aim for impact, and love to try new things.
Our physical offices are modern, bright and open - with plenty of treats and great facilities. We provide practical support coupled with best-In-breed kit for homeworking. Since the pandemic, we have been working remotely and as such we'll need you to have a reliable internet connection with a minimum download speed of 50 Mbps and at least 10 Mbps upload speed. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please get in touch with us.