Our business is growing fast, but our project teams need to be faster! You will be expected to exhibit change practitioner skills and attributes while being able to adapt to Insurtech ways of working.
As a Business Architect you will a play key role structuring Bought By Many / ManyPets in terms of its global design, operational capabilities, and future target operating model. Responsible for driving the alignment of strategic goals and objectives with decisions regarding products and service, partners and suppliers, business capabilities, and key business and digital product initiatives.
- Develop an appropriate approach to demonstrate the degree of alignment of objectives and initiatives back to strategic goals and the vision for the business.
- Capture the tactical and strategic business goals that provide traceability through the business and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance.
- Design workable options for how the functions, capabilities and key partners for the business transition over time to achieve the vision.
- Establish a credible working relationship with Group Product Managers, Product Managers and the Technical Head of Architecture that demonstrates meaningful negotiation and informed decision-making.
- Assess degree of fit for new territorial expansions against current capabilities, global customer experience, and operational procedures, resulting in the development of options to proceed.
- Further develop a global design approach that enables expansion of the business to be repeatable, modular and where exceptions are minimised.
- Establish a clear and demonstrable understanding of how different domains across the product and engineering functions interact, how data flows and where dependencies exist, so that BBM/MP can deliver a coherent customer experience whilst continuing to rapidly evolve its products.
- Ensure early visibility of watch out/ high risk areas both within the Delivery function, but also with key stakeholders, along with suitable alternatives for consideration.
- Support the Head of Delivery to deliver coherent, joined up change support, by providing direction on key design constraints or mandates, visibility of transition states and critical thinking on the design of future capabilities/ requirements.
What Leads to Success
Here are a few of the skills we are looking for in this position. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box as it’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- A good understanding of change and delivery methodologies.
- Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities.
- The ability to recognise structural challenges within the business and functional interdependencies.
- Experience in visualising transition states that depict how core functions and capabilities evolve modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Understanding / experience of product management.
- Good knowledge of personal lines insurance and systems.
- You understand the “big picture” but can deep dive into the detail if required.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude to ‘get it done’ even under pressure.
- Demonstrable track record of building consensus and delivering good outcomes that show measurable value to the business.
- Experience working in fast-moving, agile, dynamic environment.
- The ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the business; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualisations.
- Architecture and digital change experience (essential).
- Experience progressing through Architecture or Consulting roles.
Bought By Many and ManyPets are making the world a better place for pet parents. Award-winning innovative technology and exceptional customer service are at the heart of our offer: we now rank 30th on the Tech Track 100 (2020) and we won the Insurance Choice Awards (2020) for both Best Pet Insurance Provider and Innovation of the Year.
We’re proud to be driving unprecedented change in insurance and have doubled our revenues annually for the last 4 years with more ambitious growth still to come. Our latest Series D funding round was $350m which values us at $2bn. All this was made possible by the hard work from our incredible colleagues around the world; and we’re excited to embark on the next stage in our journey.
Our company is fast-paced, respectful, fun-loving and (most importantly) passionate about pets and their well-being. We think big and we can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people with different lived experiences and backgrounds, bringing their whole self to work every day. Throughout the business, you will meet people who think differently, aim for impact, and love to try new things.
Our physical offices are modern, bright and open - with plenty of treats and great facilities. We provide practical support coupled with best-In-breed kit for homeworking. Since the pandemic, we have been working remotely and as such we'll need you to have a reliable internet connection with a minimum download speed of 50 Mbps and at least 10 Mbps upload speed. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please get in touch with us.