We're on an impressive journey to make the world a better place for pet-parents. We have ambitious growth plans, and this role will be a pivotal part of our success (and continued growth) in the UK, Sweden, the US and beyond. We are scaling-up our Data offering so we can create a world-class data function and we'd love you to be a part of our journey.
As a Data Engineer, you'll help us transport and transform data into our GCP environment, plug new data sources in, and improve the insights we derive from it. Our Data team and infrastructure are formative, so this is a great opportunity to take a major role and make your mark and coach others along the way.
Inclusion at Bought By Many
We're a fast-paced organisation and when you join us, we guarantee that you'll achieve a lot and grow both professionally and personally in the time you spend with us. We'd also like to take a moment to let you know that we are committed to inclusive hiring within our EDP community. It's not just a "nice to have" or fancy corporate jargon - it's something we want to challenge so we can change the demographic imbalance in our industry.
We appreciate that juggling commitments outside of work can be difficult and a barrier to helping great talent from under-represented groups find the right career opportunity. If you would love to work with us and require some flexibility in your working pattern, please let us know and it's our promise to you that however whatever your circumstances - we'll do our best to accommodate your needs and remove any systemic barriers to ensure a fair and equitable experience.
- Help to define, build, scale and define our global Data team.
- Build and maintain a world-class data infrastructure in our Google Cloud Platform.
- Build pipelines from every data source (and third-party data sources) into our infrastructure.
- Build dashboards, reports and analytics to provide meaningful insight across the whole business.
- Enable our data-hungry Analysts across the business access to the data they need, in a secure and GDPR-compliant way.
- Apply your creativity and imagination to help us use data to improve our customer proposition, grow our business offering, and improve operational efficiency.
What Leads to Success
Here are a few of the skills we are looking for in this position. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box as it’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Data is your heart and soul - you're the sort of person who is highly analytical and who enjoys translating complex data Into something everyone can understand.
- You value diversity and are sensitive to different environments and cultures.
- One of your strongest skills is commercial and business acumen - you're motivated by seeing Impact from your Insights and modelling.
- Your colleagues say you're the sort of person builds rapport quickly, leading to positive and productive relationships at work.
- You make change happen by working well with others.
- You'll have some commercial experience from a similar role, within data analytics or engineering.
- You enjoy being Agile - you should be happy working with Agile or Kanban methodologies.
- You want to be part of a fast-paced, scale-up environment like ours!
Any experience within Insurtech would be a big advantage, but not essential.
- Technical skills:
- Cloud based data services: ideally Google Cloud Platform
- Coding skills including Python
- ETL tools, ideally Airflow
- Database query languages including SQL and MongoDB Query
- BI tools ideally PowerBI, Looker and Data Studio.
Bought By Many and ManyPets are making the world a better place for pet parents. Award-winning innovative technology and exceptional customer service are at the heart of our offer: we now rank 30th on the Tech Track 100 (2020) and we won the Insurance Choice Awards (2020) for both Best Pet Insurance Provider and Innovation of the Year.
We’re proud to be driving unprecedented change in insurance and have doubled our revenues annually for the last 4 years with more ambitious growth still to come. Our latest Series D funding round was $350m which values us at $2bn. All this was made possible by the hard work from our incredible colleagues around the world; and we’re excited to embark on the next stage in our journey.
Our company is fast-paced, respectful, fun-loving and (most importantly) passionate about pets and their well-being. We think big and we can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people with different lived experiences and backgrounds, bringing their whole self to work every day. Throughout the business, you will meet people who think differently, aim for impact, and love to try new things.
Our physical offices are modern, bright and open - with plenty of treats and great facilities. We provide practical support coupled with best-In-breed kit for homeworking. Since the pandemic, we have been working remotely and as such we'll need you to have a reliable internet connection with a minimum download speed of 50 Mbps and at least 10 Mbps upload speed. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please get in touch with us.