Marketing Executive (Exotic Pets)
This exciting position requires a broad marketing skillset and a healthy interest in the exotic pets and their owners. You will focus on our exotic pet products, maximising their distribution and exposure, as well as ensuring that we create content and messages which resonate with exotic pet owners. Working with colleagues across marketing, partnerships, compliance, customer, product and engineering, your work will help our exotic pet products to shine and resonate with our target markets.
Working as an integral part of our matrixed global Marketing team (and alongside our Partnerships team) you will activate and coordinate our main day-to-day and periodic marketing activities for the exotic products.
- Act as gatekeeper for the quarterly marketing plan for exotic pet products, working with performance, content and social teams to track progress.
- Provide advice to, and work with the performance, content and social teams to ensure that exotic pet product information is correct in our output.
- Work with the performance, content and social teams to review our social media and website content quarterly, provide competitor and exotic pet market insights and to scope new ideas.
- Coordinate advertising deliverables with the creative team, tracking deadlines, signoffs, and inputting into messaging.
- Ensure that affiliate sales and renewal are tracked and that commissions are paid quarterly.
- Review and monitor quarterly the activity of IARs and introducers, ensuring that the correct agreements are in place and that content published by them remains accurate and compliant.
- Coordinate the provision of marketing materials, vouchers and merchandise to IARs and introducers where appropriate, liaising with internal marketing teams for delivery.
- Maintain a breeder scheme for exotic pet breeders, ensuring they have appropriate agreements (as IARs or introducers), that they remain compliant and that they uphold our standards (via a Breeders’ charter).
- Work with the partnerships team to streamline partner management and discover new opportunities for partnership, where appropriate.
What Leads to Success
- You love to brainstorm new ideas, ways to engage and entertain; and think differently about how our engagement can work. You put your arms around projects and colleagues, working side-by-side to discover, find solutions and deliver high-quality sites.
- You're pet-centric and can view what you do through customer’s eyes - while remaining commercially astute.
- Your friends would describe you as self-motivated - you drive the agenda in what you do, using your vision and experience to deliver real value.
- You're the sort of person who thrives in high-volume, fast-paced environments. You’re able to work in mixed mode, navigating both big, complex delivery but also just making things happen that do not need to wait.
- You love to communicate with others and believe that sharing is a core part of the innovation and improvement loop. You own success and are not afraid to learn from failures.
- Confident: Able to take heat and/or professionally push back on expectations when appropriate.
- A good commercial grounding within marketing. You'll be delivery-oriented; able to deliver tactical, immediate, and operational tasks with ease and efficiency.
- You'll know and understand the exotic pet insurance market, with oodles of empathy towards exotic pet owners - and why they insure.
- Clear understanding of the regulatory environment and IAR/introducer regimes
- Ideally, you'll have experience of working in a high-growth, tech-focused organisation.
- You'll be used to working within a matrixed team with marketers, commercial, customer and compliance/legal.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written. It's Important you can communicate effectively and confidently to all levels.
Bought By Many and ManyPets are making the world a better place for pet parents. Award-winning innovative technology and exceptional customer service are at the heart of our offer: we now rank 30th on the Tech Track 100 (2020) and we won the Insurance Choice Awards (2020) for both Best Pet Insurance Provider and Innovation of the Year.
We’re proud to be driving unprecedented change in insurance and have doubled our revenues annually for the last 4 years with more ambitious growth still to come. Our latest Series D funding round was $350m which values us at $2bn. All this was made possible by the hard work from our incredible colleagues around the world; and we’re excited to embark on the next stage in our journey.
Our company is fast-paced, respectful, fun-loving and (most importantly) passionate about pets and their well-being. We think big and we can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people with different lived experiences and backgrounds, bringing their whole self to work every day. Throughout the business, you will meet people who think differently, aim for impact, and love to try new things.
Our physical offices are modern, bright and open - with plenty of treats and great facilities. We provide practical support coupled with best-In-breed kit for homeworking. Since the pandemic, we have been working remotely and as such we'll need you to have a reliable internet connection with a minimum download speed of 50 Mbps and at least 10 Mbps upload speed. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please get in touch with us.