We're on an impressive journey to make the world a better place for pet-parents. We have ambitious growth plans, and this role will be a pivotal part of our success (and continued growth) in the UK, Sweden, the US and beyond.
Inclusion at Bought By Many
We're a fast-paced organisation and when you join us, we guarantee that you'll achieve a lot and grow both professionally and personally in the time you spend with us. We'd also like to take a moment to let you know that we are committed to inclusive hiring within our EDP community. It's not just a "nice to have" or fancy corporate jargon - it's something we want to challenge so we can change the demographic imbalance in our industry.
We appreciate that juggling commitments outside of work can be difficult and a barrier to helping great talent from under-represented groups find the right career opportunity. If you would love to work with us and require some flexibility in your working pattern, please let us know and it's our promise to you that however whatever your circumstances - we'll do our best to accommodate your needs and remove any systemic barriers to ensure a fair and equitable experience.
- Contribute to the overall technical direction of our Front-End development, using frameworks, pre-compilers and other technologies.
- Build production-ready user interfaces.
- Work alongside other developers in EPD, to ensure your code fits in with the overall design and coding standards.
- Contribute ideas and innovations, wherever you see opportunity for improvement
- Work collaboratively with our multi-disciplinary squads
- Work within (and help to improve) our self-organising squad model
- Work collaboratively across the whole business, building relationships across all teams.
What Leads to Success
Here are a few of the skills we are looking for in this position. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box as it’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- UX is your heart and soul. You're the sort of person who needs to know that everything works well and beautifully for our customers.
- Nothing makes you smile like a high-quality, slick user interface. Every pixel must have its' place!
- You value diversity and are sensitive to different environments and cultures.
- You recognise when the solution is getting too complex and it’s time to adjust the requirements (or when it’s time to delete, refactor, and simplify.)
- You've got nose for problems: you have a sixth sense for issues before they happen.
- Your colleagues say you're the sort of person who likes to move fast, pragmatically seeking problems and thinking about the wider impact.
- You make changes happen by working well and with others.
- Solid commercial experience working as a hands-on engineer.
- Experience of delivering production code to a large user base.
- You want to be part of a fast-paced, product centric environment like ours!
- We use Agile software development techniques, so you should be happy working with Agile or Kanban methodologies.
- Experience in leading and coaching others, both in person and via remote.
- Knowledge of relevant languages and tools:
- JS Web Frameworks (Vue.JS, React, Angular)
- Build Tools (webpack, rollup)
- CSS tooling (SASS or LESS)
- Responsive HTML & CSS
- UX and Accessibility
- Test Automation (Jest, Selenium, Cypress)
- Front-end security architectures and practices
Bought By Many and ManyPets are making the world a better place for pet parents. Award-winning innovative technology and exceptional customer service are at the heart of our offer: we now rank 30th on the Tech Track 100 (2020) and we won the Insurance Choice Awards (2020) for both Best Pet Insurance Provider and Innovation of the Year.
We’re proud to be driving unprecedented change in insurance and have doubled our revenues annually for the last 4 years with more ambitious growth still to come. Our latest Series D funding round was $350m which values us at $2bn. All this was made possible by the hard work from our incredible colleagues around the world; and we’re excited to embark on the next stage in our journey.
Our company is fast-paced, respectful, fun-loving and (most importantly) passionate about pets and their well-being. We think big and we can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people with different lived experiences and backgrounds, bringing their whole self to work every day. Throughout the business, you will meet people who think differently, aim for impact, and love to try new things.
Our physical offices are modern, bright and open - with plenty of treats and great facilities. We provide practical support coupled with best-In-breed kit for homeworking. Since the pandemic, we have been working remotely and as such we'll need you to have a reliable internet connection with a minimum download speed of 50 Mbps and at least 10 Mbps upload speed. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please get in touch with us.