Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
We're on an impressive journey to make the world a better place for pet-parents and we need you to help us build the Global Pet Health Platform of the future! We have ambitious growth goals and as such, this role will be a pivotal part of our continued success as a crucial enabler for our growth in the UK, Sweden, the US and beyond.
As our new Site Reliability Engineer ("SRE") you’ll be responsible for owing and Improving our production (and other) environments. You'll will spend your time learning and using new SaaS services, building tooling and monitoring services and automating repetitive tasks. You’ll have the development know-how to build integrations, dashboards, transporters and transformers and make sure our engineering environments are the very best they can be.
Inclusion at Bought By Many
We're a fast-paced organisation and when you join us, we guarantee that you'll achieve a lot and grow both professionally and personally in the time you spend with us. We'd also like to take a moment to let you know that we are committed to inclusive hiring within our EDP community. It's not just a "nice to have" or fancy corporate jargon - it's something we want to challenge so we can change the demographic imbalance in our industry.
We appreciate that juggling commitments outside of work can be difficult and a barrier to helping great talent from under-represented groups find the right career opportunity. If you would love to work with us and require some flexibility in your working pattern, please let us know and it's our promise to you that however whatever your circumstances - we'll do our best to accommodate your needs and remove any systemic barriers to ensure a fair and equitable experience.
- Own and constantly improve our production (and all other) environments across deployment, performance, resilience and information security.
- Monitor production environments to spot problems before they arise (jump in and fix them if you can) and know who to get involved if you can’t.
- Build and maintain internal tools including:
- Trantor (Python)
- AWS Lambda
- Cerberus (Python Flask)
- Jenkins (API based tool for running and scheduling cucumber JS-based test suites)
- Internal performance monitoring dashboards
- API based integrations between out numerous SaaS platforms.
- Conduct performance analysis of productions systems using tools such as Sentry & New Relic
- Keep up with new SaaS services, techniques and tools, migrate our infrastructure forward as these develop.
- Contribute to R&D through our hackathon weeks.
What Leads to Success
Here are a few of the skills we are looking for in this position. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box as it’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Engineering is your heart and soul. You're the sort of person who needs to know that everything is organised, optimised and humming along beautifully.
- You value diversity and are sensitive to different environments and cultures.
- You've got nose for problems: you have a sixth sense for Issues before they happen.
- Your colleagues say you're the sort of person who likes to move fast, pragmatically seeking problems and thinking about the wider Impact to the business.
- You make changes happen by working with others.
- Development experience building database driven web application.
- Hands on experience of testing automation, at both and Application and API level. Using tools such and Selenium, Cucumber, Postman, etc.
- Experienced working as part of the SDLC in an SRE capacity and with CI/CD tools and processes.
- Experience conducting Performance and Security reviews would be beneficial.
Bought By Many and ManyPets are making the world a better place for pet parents. Award-winning innovative technology and exceptional customer service are at the heart of our offer: we now rank 30th on the Tech Track 100 (2020) and we won the Insurance Choice Awards (2020) for both Best Pet Insurance Provider and Innovation of the Year.
We’re proud to be driving unprecedented change in insurance and have doubled our revenues annually for the last 4 years with more ambitious growth still to come. Our latest Series D funding round was $350m which values us at $2bn. All this was made possible by the hard work from our incredible colleagues around the world; and we’re excited to embark on the next stage in our journey.
Our company is fast-paced, respectful, fun-loving and (most importantly) passionate about pets and their well-being. We think big and we can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people with different lived experiences and backgrounds, bringing their whole self to work every day. Throughout the business, you will meet people who think differently, aim for impact, and love to try new things.
Our physical offices are modern, bright and open - with plenty of treats and great facilities. We provide practical support coupled with best-In-breed kit for homeworking. Since the pandemic, we have been working remotely and as such we'll need you to have a reliable internet connection with a minimum download speed of 50 Mbps and at least 10 Mbps upload speed. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please get in touch with us.