We're on an impressive journey to make the world a better place for pet-parents - and we need you to help us build the Global Insurance Platform of the future! We have ambitious growth goals and as such, this role will be a pivotal part of our continued success - and will be a crucial enabler for our growth in the UK, Sweden, the US and beyond.
As our new UX/UI Designer, you’ll work with a cross-functional team (squad) and as part of a larger group of talented designers, as well as key stakeholders to deliver our products and services across all digital touch points. Working on responsive sites and native apps, you’ll contribute to the development of key interactive experiences and flows that are consistent across our brand. We're a fast-paced organisation and when you join us, we guarantee that you'll achieve a lot and grow both professionally and personally in the time you spend with us.
We'd also like to take a moment to let you know that we are committed to inclusive hiring within our tech community. It's not just a "nice to have" or fancy corporate jargon - it's something we all need to challenge and support to change the demographic imbalance in our industry. We appreciate that juggling commitments outside of work can be difficult and a barrier to helping great talent from under-represented groups find the right career opportunity. If you would love to work with us and require some flexibility in your working pattern, please let us know and it's our promise to you that however whatever your circumstances - we'll do our best to accommodate your needs and remove any systemic barriers to ensure a fair and equitable experience.
- Take responsibility for one or more parts of the user experience: mapping user journeys, interactions, information architecture and designing interfaces
- Have a thorough grounding in and passion for interaction and user-centred experience design in order to participate in and design user experience research and usability studies
- Work closely with engineers, product managers and stakeholders to execute against multiple workstreams in a fast-paced, environment and deliver strategically sound, conceptually-based, iconic experiences
- Be the voice of user centered iterative practice and share documentation of UX progress, updates and findings within the team and across the organisation
- Deliver engaging, usable, effective designs across our digital touch points for all phases of UI and interactive design work from concept through to live
- Participate in regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts as well as help us drive and grow our UX practice in the company
- Utilise and evolve the principles, patterns and styles in our digital style guidelines and components library so that they remain up to date
What Leads to Success
Here are a few of the skills we are looking for in this position. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box as it’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Up-to-date with current design trends and usability best practice with an expert ability to use industry standard software (Abode creative cloud, Figma, Invision and Zeplin)
- Good eye across typography, layout, composition and craft. Excellent conceptualising skills and a key eye for detail
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate complex interaction design concepts at all levels
- Think ‘mobile first’ in applying design across multiple devices (mobile, desktop, tablet) using knowledge of responsive design and native app experiences
- Relevant experience as a well-rounded UX/UI professional who is used to marrying customer needs, business needs, innovation and good design.
- Outstanding design portfolio showcasing your talent on web and mobile including responsive design and native app examples.
Bought By Many and ManyPets are making the world a better place for pet parents. Award-winning innovative technology and exceptional customer service are at the heart of our offer: we now rank 30th on the Tech Track 100 (2020) and we won the Insurance Choice Awards (2020) for both Best Pet Insurance Provider and Innovation of the Year.
We’re proud to be driving unprecedented change in insurance and have doubled our revenues annually for the last 4 years with more ambitious growth still to come. Our latest Series D funding round was $350m which values us at $2bn. All this was made possible by the hard work from our incredible colleagues around the world; and we’re excited to embark on the next stage in our journey.
Our company is fast-paced, respectful, fun-loving and (most importantly) passionate about pets and their well-being. We think big and we can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people with different lived experiences and backgrounds, bringing their whole self to work every day. Throughout the business, you will meet people who think differently, aim for impact, and love to try new things.
Our physical offices are modern, bright and open - with plenty of treats and great facilities. We provide practical support coupled with best-In-breed kit for homeworking. Since the pandemic, we have been working remotely and as such we'll need you to have a reliable internet connection with a minimum download speed of 50 Mbps and at least 10 Mbps upload speed. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please get in touch with us.