We're on a mission to make the world a better place for pet-parents. Given our recent fundraise (which now values us as In excess of $2,000,000,000!) we're growing our presence In the USA and hiring a lot of new folks to join our pack. As we are growing at such a rapid pace it's even more vital that we have the best tech In place to help us as we scale.
This brand-new role Is going to be key to our success and you'll be providing day to day technical support for a variety of IT systems, carrying out testing and monitoring, providing user training, and looking for continuous improvement opportunities. You'll be on your own to start with (as this is our first Tech Ops hire In the USA) but don't worry - you'll be closely linked to our central UK team and supported every step of the way.
- Work as part of the wider TechOps team to build, administer, monitor and fix a wide variety of IT, operations, and customer support systems.
- Conduct ticket / fault logging for systems and make sure issues are resolved quickly.
- Participate in operations testing (UAT) for system releases, liaising with the QA team so that new functionality is appropriate and ready for use.
- Support the team in the development and utilisation of monitoring processes, systems and capabilities to alert relevant parties when things go wrong.
- Constantly monitor progress and work on ways to improve speed and quality whilst balancing that against customer and end-user experience.
- Conduct assessments of operational systems and look for opportunities for improvement and risk mitigation.
- Provide training and guidance to colleagues on new or changed processes and systems.
What Leads to Success
Here are a few of the skills we are looking for in this position. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box as it’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- You'll thrive on a varied working day, getting involved in anything and everything to ensure a smooth-running operation in the USA
- People person: you'll be energized by a high amount of contact with a wide range of people and making things happen by working with and through others.
- You're patient, practical and positive (even if it's user error, again!)
- Your colleagues always say you're good at planning and prioritizing demands appropriately.
- You'll describe yourself as an innovative thinker, someone who thinks big and loves to try new things.
- You've always been ambitious: moving fast and pragmatically seeking out problems.
- You're keen to learn and able to assimilate technical knowledge rapidly, taking on new systems at pace to match a scaling business.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft environments (O365 in particular including InTune and Group Policy, Windows 10, Office, Teams, SharePoint etc.) Knowledge and experience cloud-based architecture and software is preferred and desired.
- Able to meet the varied day to day technical support needs for IT hardware and office systems. Ability to administer and test Customer Service / Support systems (e.g. Zendesk / CRM, Telephony, Chat, Social Media etc) is an advantage.
- Applied understanding of TCP/IP networking LAN/WAN (DNS, DHCP, RAS, VPN).
- First-hand experience of supporting and resolving issues in IT hardware (e.g. laptops, printers, networking etc).
- Exposure to cloud-based architecture and software preferred. Experience with virtualisation technologies such as Azure and AWS a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry is handy, but not essential.
Bought By Many and ManyPets are making the world a better place for pet parents. Award-winning innovative technology and exceptional customer service are at the heart of our offer: we now rank 30th on the Tech Track 100 (2020) and we won the Insurance Choice Awards (2020) for both Best Pet Insurance Provider and Innovation of the Year.
We’re proud to be driving unprecedented change in insurance and have doubled our revenues annually for the last 4 years with more ambitious growth still to come. Our latest Series D funding round was $350m which values us at $2bn. All this was made possible by the hard work from our incredible colleagues around the world; and we’re excited to embark on the next stage in our journey.
Our company is fast-paced, respectful, fun-loving and (most importantly) passionate about pets and their well-being. We think big and we can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people with different lived experiences and backgrounds, bringing their whole self to work every day. Throughout the business, you will meet people who think differently, aim for impact, and love to try new things.
Our physical offices are modern, bright and open - with plenty of treats and great facilities. We provide practical support coupled with best-In-breed kit for homeworking. Since the pandemic, we have been working remotely and as such we'll need you to have a reliable internet connection with a minimum download speed of 50 Mbps and at least 10 Mbps upload speed. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please get in touch with us.