Risk & Compliance Officer (USA)
As our business grows, diversifies and operates in multiple jurisdictions (including the UK, Sweden and the USA) we in turn need a Risk and Compliance officer to help us effectively manage risk and compliance activities in a multi-faceted environment for our business in the US. Risk and Compliance will play a key part in helping us achieve our strategic and commercial objectives, while placing the customer at the forefront of all we do and the decisions we make.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work as part of a global team that are currently based in the UK, Sweden and US. Reporting into the Group Risk and Compliance Director, you’ll be on hand to provide advice to our business in the US, in addition to providing second-line assurance and challenge to the local leadership teams as well as the Group Chief International Officer and US CEO (when hired) where required.
We’re looking for someone with a good understanding of enterprise risk management frameworks and how they operate. Experience within a highly regulated insurance environment would be a pre-requisite, as you will be working closely with state insurance regulators as well as providing advice on broader (Federal) regulation where applicable. Flexibility and a 'hands-on' approach will be critical to your success along with exemplary stakeholder engagement and management skills. You will be operating in an environment that is relatively flat in structure and where “getting things done” is paramount.
Articulate and credible, you will build strong relationships across our business in the US to provide second-line advice, guidance and oversight. You'll work closely with the Group Risk & Compliance Director and the business in both an advisory and governance capacity whilst taking actions and/or challenging where appropriate, in order to maintain the requisite balance between our commercial, regulatory and risk appetite drivers.
As the part of the Group Risk and Compliance team that is responsible for our business in Sweden, your accountabilities will encompass:
- Compliance Advisory
- Compliance Monitoring
- Regulatory Horizon Scanning
- Oversight, Governance & Reporting
- State & Federal Compliance Regulatory Relations
- Fraud Management & Controls Oversight, Data Protection & Security Oversight, including compliance with Privacy Regulations
- Enterprise Risk Management Framework Oversight
- Governance & Reporting
- Regulatory Reporting
- Complaint handling oversight
- Sanctions scanning review and advisory
- Administer annual compliance program for relevant Regulatory Policies
- Oversee and/or assist in the production of Carrier in Annual Fraud reporting requirements
- Provide input and guidance into Carrier Market Conduct matters
What Leads to Success
Here are a few of the skills and knowledge we are looking for in this position. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box as it’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Confident and credible with all levels of internal and external stakeholders including the ability to effectively challenge where required.
- Pragmatic and collaborative – able to work with the business to deliver solutions.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain relationships with stakeholders in all jurisdictions.
- Confident and concise in both written and verbal communications including report-writing.
- Strong influencing skills to achieve the desired outcome.
- Ability to work well under pressure including multiple activities with both internal and external drivers across the Group.
- Able to interpret data or Management Information (MI) and make it relevant to others including outputs from risk reviews and opining on the same.
- Develop a matrix of Regulation across states to simplify the regulatory landscape and ensure consistency of approach whilst meeting all state requirements as appropriate
- Demonstrable understanding of risk and controls management including enterprise risk management frameworks.
- Extensive regulatory knowledge in General Insurance would be our preference, as well as a good working knowledge of regulation per-se and how that applies at state and federal levels in the US including third party introducers
- Ability to interpret regulations and provide concise advice relevant to the business to maintain regulatory risk within appetite.
- Good understanding of third-party supplier/outsourcing arrangements including oversight and governance requirements.
- Good understanding of Data Protection and privacy regulations and application across all states.
- Good understanding of Financial Crime including Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Sanctions.
Bought By Many and ManyPets are making the world a better place for pet parents. Award-winning innovative technology and exceptional customer service are at the heart of our offer: we now rank 30th on the Tech Track 100 (2020) and we won the Insurance Choice Awards (2020) for both Best Pet Insurance Provider and Innovation of the Year.
We’re proud to be driving unprecedented change in insurance and have doubled our revenues annually for the last 4 years with more ambitious growth still to come. Our latest Series D funding round was $350m which values us at $2bn. All this was made possible by the hard work from our incredible colleagues around the world; and we’re excited to embark on the next stage in our journey.
Our company is fast-paced, respectful, fun-loving and (most importantly) passionate about pets and their well-being. We think big and we can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people with different lived experiences and backgrounds, bringing their whole self to work every day. Throughout the business, you will meet people who think differently, aim for impact, and love to try new things.
Our physical offices are modern, bright and open - with plenty of treats and great facilities. We provide practical support coupled with best-In-breed kit for homeworking. Since the pandemic, we have been working remotely and as such we'll need you to have a reliable internet connection with a minimum download speed of 50 Mbps and at least 10 Mbps upload speed. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please get in touch with us.