People and Talent Partner (USA)
People are at the heart of every organisation - and we are no different! We have ambitious growth plans to scale our business in the USA and we're looking for a People and Talent specialist who will help us attract, hire, onboard and manage the full life cycle of the employee experience within ManyPets Inc. Our USA team is currently fully-remote and we have a presence in both Atlanta and NYC.
We are looking for someone who is a generalist, with experience in attraction and hiring, as we establish and scale our business in America. You will be someone who enjoys all areas of the employee lifecycle and has a genuine interest in people. No two days will be the same and you'll have exposure to managing and supporting talent acquisition, candidate coordination, onboarding and joiner processes, employee relations support - plus ensuring where relevant that we have a superb workspace environment where our people can thrive.
There's a lot of scope to grow, coach and support our people and you'll have the opportunity to work closely with the Global People team (based in the UK) and expand your skills and knowledge. We can promise a friendly, warm, and supportive team and stakeholders who genuinely partner with us to ensure we have an irresistible employee experience.
- Supports both candidates and hiring managers/leaders through the recruitment process and ensuring a seamless process and enviable candidate experience, even If unsuccessful.
- Manages offer negotiations, ensuring a win-win for both the candidate and our business.
- Ensures all relevant Information Is handed over to the People Experience team for a seamless, timely process.
- Keeps an eye on budget - we are aiming for a 50/50 split of direct to agency placements and we will rely on you to help us grow our direct network of candidates.
- Keeps our systems and data up to date - this Includes our ATS, HRIS and internal reports, alongside regular stakeholder check In meetings and quarterly reviews.
- Looks after the day-to-day relationship with our local recruitment partners.
- Delivers a professional People service in line with our company values.
- You'll actively lead, guide and support Initiatives to achieve delivery across the whole employee life cycle.
- Helps with role design, selection and assessment methods to ensure standards are maintained and we onboard the right people, at the right time.
- Supports performance and talent management initiatives, including advising and training managers.
- Partners closely with our UK team to implement benefits, reward and wellbeing initiatives.
- Maintains relevant employee data, payroll compliance and benefits Information and administration.
- Manages employee correspondence, ensuring contractual and other changes are properly documented.
- You'll continuously work to improve our working environment.
What Leads to Success
Here are a few of the skills we are looking for in this position. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box as it’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Superb relationship building skills. This doesn't mean you need to be a loud voice In the room; we’re looking for someone empathetic and human!
- Creates a sustainable, scalable and high-performing culture.
- You'll take appropriate action on performance, probation, capability and absence.
- Commercially driven - you'll have a desire to meet our OKRs and not Impact the quality of hire.
- We move quickly, so you'll need to be happy working at pace and working on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Great eye for detail. You should be comfortable using an ATS/HRIS and other SaaS platforms.
- You are the sort of person who makes data-led decisions ahead of gut-Instinct.
- We'll see high levels of employee engagement and wellbeing from our people.
- You'll have experience with both Talent Acquisition and HR/People.
- You should have a good understanding of managing day-to-day employee relations, employment law and experience of working with work environment and culture initiatives.
- You'll know how to take global Initiatives and strategic projects - implementing them at a local level.
- Able to use Excel, Outlook and PPT to a high standard. You'll be familiar with SaaS systems (we use Bob and Greenhouse) or learn new tools quickly.
- Any experience or exposure to a start-up or scale-up environment would be advantageous.
- An open heart, an open mind and a desire to ensure we treat our people and candidates fairly at every step of the employee experience.
Bought By Many and ManyPets are making the world a better place for pet parents. Award-winning innovative technology and exceptional customer service are at the heart of our offer: we now rank 30th on the Tech Track 100 (2020) and we won the Insurance Choice Awards (2020) for both Best Pet Insurance Provider and Innovation of the Year.
We’re proud to be driving unprecedented change in insurance and have doubled our revenues annually for the last 4 years with more ambitious growth still to come. Our latest Series D funding round was $350m which values us at $2bn. All this was made possible by the hard work from our incredible colleagues around the world; and we’re excited to embark on the next stage in our journey.
Our company is fast-paced, respectful, fun-loving and (most importantly) passionate about pets and their well-being. We think big and we can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people with different lived experiences and backgrounds, bringing their whole self to work every day. Throughout the business, you will meet people who think differently, aim for impact, and love to try new things.
Our physical offices are modern, bright and open - with plenty of treats and great facilities. We provide practical support coupled with best-In-breed kit for homeworking. Since the pandemic, we have been working remotely and as such we'll need you to have a reliable internet connection with a minimum download speed of 50 Mbps and at least 10 Mbps upload speed. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please get in touch with us.